Thursday, August 5, 2010

    I was reading in Luke 4 this morning and was struck by one verse in particular.

         18. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.

     I began to think about all the things that we've been able to do through the Lord, and how He has chosen to use us to reach out to the people all around us. The poor, the brokenhearted, the blind as well as the bruised.

     All those opportunities to minister would never have been possible if we hadn't opened our hearts to the moving of the Holy Spirit. It sounds pretty simple, but it really just blew my mind in a profound way.

     Since becoming a Christian, what are some ways you have most enjoyed serving God?

2 comments :

Sarah Marie said...

through music, most definitely :)
helping others.

Brittany said...

Oh most definitely! You've got some amazing talent and have used it in so many ways to serve the Lord! :)

ps. You found me in my tiny world, I had no idea. ;)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift