Monday, November 4, 2013

The Knot Is Tied

I sit here on the couch all cuddled up with my cup of Coffee, staring at the set of rings glistening off my left hand. We're a few days shy of our 1 Month Anniversary and I have to admit, I'm just so ... amazed.

I'm baffled. My heart is kind of flipping out. 

I'm right where I've always dreamed of being and it sure hasn't been a disappointment. I am so thankful for where the Lord has brought us, the other side of the altar where God saw the desire of my heart and gave it to me. Married life is ah-mazing! It isn't without it's ups and downs of course. We grow together, we learn together, we strive to work as a team and listen to one another's hopes and desires, thoughts and opinions.


My husband is all I desire and even more. I am grateful for the Godly man he is, for the way he works hard every day to provide for us, the way he makes the bed every morning and kisses me before he walks out the door. I'm thankful for the little surprises; taking me for a drive down to the river and down little back roads I've never been, for little notes of encouragement and love. For redoing a little rocker we found at an Antique shop when he could be sleeping, for helping around the house and driving me all over creation looking for thrifty finds on a whim. Oh yes, and for his shared love of Italian Food and Movie Nights.

Can you beat that? All the little things I never could have thought to pray for; that would have sounded crazy to ask for in one compact package. But well, you see how it turned out. Quite splendid! Whew.


This girl is super excited to live out this crazy brand new adventure ...

 To master the challenge of cooking for two rather than 8 -- which, by the way is excellent for brushing up on the math skills: trimming down practically every recipe I'm used to eying. Haha! To make our house a home, to live a life full of laughter with my friend for life, to help him shoulder the weight of problematic situations and comfort each other in times of heartache. To hold his hand and seek the Lord for guidance when we don't know which way to go, to learn to depend on this sweet man to take care of me and protect me over himself. To be a crown and delight to him for the rest of our life.

The Crock Pot is quickly becoming my best friend on busy work days. Coffee is a great motivator when scrubbing the bathroom or folding laundry at 5am. The thought of coupon clipping is daunting to me but I'm giving it a fair try. I have a live-in fashion consultant who knows my style and keeps me from second and third guessing outfits on Sunday mornings. Girls recognize the awesomeness in that last one. It's awesome. :)






0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift