Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just a little update.

  Wow. It's been a few days since I've connected with the living breathing world ...

   God has blessed beyond measure both at school and at work. My job training for Chick-fil-A started last week and it went well. Can I admit my surprise?

    I was insanely nervous about running the register, but it turned out far better than I could've hoped. I've fallen for 1 of 3 manager pranks to date, but they were pretty funny. I watched one transaction, then within 20 minutes of clocking in, they put me behind the register with a smile. I'm told I looked like a deer in headlights, but everything went alright ... or got there eventually. ;)

     One older lady -- my third transaction -- stared hard at the menu for a good 2 minutes and finally said, "I'll take that chicken sandwich thing with 10 and a half pickles."

     10.5 pickles. Really? I pulled up the proper screen and then I was lost. How in the world?

     "I'm on a diet, you know." The lady volunteered, watching my struggle.

     "Mmm." I nodded with a smile. "Those are always fun."

      I explained I was new, so it might take a few minutes. She laughed and said, "Oh honey, don't worry about it. I didn't like that diet anyway. 10 pickles would be just fine."

      And no, I didn't bother hiding my smile ... or my relief. ;)

   So basically, things have been going well. I got off work at the Pregnancy Center a little late today, which made me about 45 minutes early for church. I haven't had the time to check my mail or anything, so it's actually kind of nice. Even if I AM sitting on the gym floor, dodging bouncy balls as the kids chuck them across the room. lol.

1 comments :

Caleb said...

Sounds like everything is going well... I have to laugh at the thought of you working behind a register. I'm sure you are awesome at it though! :)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift