Wednesday, September 15, 2010

  So the Walk for Life went extremely well on Saturday. After three days of Reconciliation -- the LONG drawn out process of double checking records, donations and deposits, etc -- we have brought in $20, 347 which is pretty much a terrific thing!

  We ended up having a few extra volunteers come by to help, so I ended up floating around. I parked myself in the kitchen for a good deal of the morning, helping the ladies make sausage biscuits, coffee and cleaning up after everybody. We had originally planned to have two ovens, but we had problems with one so when I went to check the status of the one that worked I ended up burning my arm.

    .... I now have matching burn marks on my arms. lol ;)


   But it was a fantastic (however hectic) day, but the Lord blessed our efforts.

    It being 9/11 we also ended up having a few interesting characters stop by Chick-fil-A. We had a big burly man come in drunk as a skunk, basically. He had a whopping check, and had a few ideas of how it would be spent. Including in no small part, taking my female manager and myself out to dinner somewhere. :o

     The guys quickly took his order and had him on his way. Needless to say, our night was interesting and not without a topic of discussion. ;)


     I'm really thankful God has allowed me to work with some great Christian guys. As far as school goes, everything is going fantastic! I'll be sure to update SOON! :)

1 comments :

Caleb said...

Great to hear about the walk for life! I was praying that everything would go well.
That is hilarious about your almost "Date!"
Yeah, Chick-fil-A people are really great!

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift