Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Smiles in the Small Things

 

Joshy loves helping his daddy. But there's something he loves almost more than that ... he loves to sing. All the time, any kind of song -- without even giving it much thought. The other day when I was spending the weekend in NC for my boyfriend's birthday, my Momma text me to tell me that Josh was walking around the house singing.

Instead of singing "... The Angels beckon me from Heaven's open door ..." he sang " ... the Angels threaten me from Heaven's open door ..." to his little heart's content.

And I thought, "How very cute is he?"

My little man always has a sweet song in his heart, that makes me smile. He even hums while he eats, which I find to be slightly difficult personally, but he's done it since he was my small, chubby little baby with fuzzy dark hair.

And I have always thought he might someday grow out of this Peanut Butter & Jelly stage but Sunday afternoon made me realize that those same little boys who adore that yummy stuff simply grow up to be little boys in Men's bodies ... my boyfriend's dad STILL eats Peanut Butter & Jelly the same way he did when he was younger. I suppose my Joshy will still be the same way when he grows up and gets married, and his wife will be thrilled because he'll be a happy man so long as there's PB&J sandwiches and endless containers of Yogurt in the fridge. * winks *

0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift