Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Who do we think we are?

"And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."   1 Corinthians 6:11
   I stumbled upon this particular verse the other day and that first part just struck me. Sometimes, without thinking, we are quick to judge others around us. We see someone different than ourselves and think negatively.

   Blaming it on our human nature, we continue to respond to differences in that way without really having a second thought about what we're really saying and doing.

   But that verse got me to thinking ... Jesus wouldn't do it that way. He wasn't quick to judge EVER! In short, wouldn't it be great to look at people in a positive light -- through the eyes of Jesus?

    Lord, give me Your eyes for even a little while so I can see the hurting people. Give me Your eyes so I can see everything that I keep missing. Lord, give me Your HEART for humanity.

1 comments :

Caleb said...

This is great! There, I give my "professional opinion!"
Seriously, it is really good and your post really get you thinking.

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift