Wednesday, June 8, 2011

... And Our World Stood Still

I'm sitting in a sunny | semi-cozy little corner of Starbucks listening to coffee-house music that's some kind of wonderful. It's a crazy HOT afternoon -- that's what I'm gonna call our 103 degree weather, just to be nice. Basically, the AC is a God-send and I'm lovin' just relaxing where I am for a good little bit. * smiles *

I've gone awol for um, I don't even know how long. Would you believe me if I said I've sat down countless | umpteen times trying to think of something brilliant to say, without a whole lot of luck? No comments from the peanut gallery, ya'll. Haha!

Thus, I've scrapped brilliance and decided to ramble. I'm really good at that, just rambling about a bunch of nonsense -- with nothing even sounding like it fits together, you know?

I just came back from an awesome weekend in NC. I can't say much about my funny tan ... it's not even really a Farmer's Tan, either. It's more like 10 hours in a car with my arm hanging out the window. What can I say, ya'll? I tan lopsided. * winks *

Thursday -- I discovered I really like Turkey Burgers at FATZ cafe. Just the name paints terrible pictures in my brain, just so you know. But while it wasn't my first choice, the food was pretty good.

Friday -- We shopped till we dropped at the amazing Concord Mills just outside of Charlotte. We found a bunch of awesome stuff, but I was a good little shopper and didn't go crazy wild. Good thing, right? I decided I am a lover of Forever 21 and their vintage everything  under the sun. My absolute favorite things I bought were the cheapest ... I found a little pearl bracelet for $1.50 and a cute necklace for $3.

Saturday -- Ah, Saturday. Got up early and had some pretty amazing devotions about what it means to be completely yielded to God. And then I went to the Zoo in Asheboro with some of my friends which was pretty much the highlight of my whole weekend. Who knew animals could be so much fun? * winks *

It was pretty warm that day, so we were all sweating buckets and otherwise loving it. Then we went home and had a little cook-out and watched a movie.

And on the way home, my friend Drea and I were pulled over just catching up. Because, girls really never do enough of that sort of thing, in our opinions. A police car passed by in front of us, and Drea absently cracked up and said, "hey! wouldn't that be hilarious if he pulled us over?"

I laughed. "Yeah genius, if he pulls us over anymore we'll be in the ditch!" And thus we went back to gabbing and crying and laughing over random good things. Three minutes later, blue lights flashed and a siren pulled to a beautiful stop behind us and the earth stood still.

We looked at each other. "No way ..."

They came to each side of our car and shined their lights in as they asked us what we were doing, yada yada, etc. Horrible habit -- I babble insanely much when I'm nervous or just because. Andrea pretty much said like three words, while my brain raced for words to say, an explaination of any sort! So finally, after I shut-up the Police Men take our un-gorgeous I.D.s back to their car and I prop my head up on my hand, leaning on the side of the open window.

"Are you even kidding me, man? I mean, really?" Sigh and look at Andrea before we both bust out laughing and she's shushing me, saying something about how they're going to make us walk a line -- which we've never been able to do in our lives. "We're not even together an hour and the cops have got us. What's up with that, huh?"

So they let us go after deciding we weren't blood-thirsty serial killers | money-hungry criminals or a couple making out. Go figure, right? But they were pretty awesome and said we could go up to the fire-house and hang out if we wanted ... so we did. We laid outside the fire-house, watching the stars and cracking up like we do. It was pretty much amazing!


Me & Drea with the PO behind us ...
waiting to figure out if we go to Jail or not.
* winks *


 Me & My Friend ... standing outside the Depot.
Behavin' and all that good | uncriminal stuff.


The End.

4 comments :

Matt said...

It is a pretty hot one here today as well! Altho I can't say I've been out in it all day, cause Ive actually been sleeping for most of the day! lol Before you freak out an call me lazy, it's cause I had to work from like 3-8 this morning again! Ugh lol ;) I will probably be pulling this crazy double shift for a while.:) Well I have to run to work now! :) Hope you have a good night! :)

Carolyn said...

Really Brittany, you would get talked to by police for talking (maybe it's a sign)*smiles* although I question your sanity, pulling off the road to talk, can't you drive and talk, you know multi-task or something?

Matt said...

Carolyn, Idk what has happened, but Britt isn't as good at multi-tasking as she used to be! ;) lol Maybe she has been distracted as of late. ;) Idk I guess we need to have a talk with her to find out! LOL :) jk

Carolyn said...

Matt, I will most assuredly be have a chat with her today! She has quite a bit of explaining to do! lol

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift