Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Kudos to Beautiful Words ...

Words. The girl is a great lover of beautiful words, spun into cheerful and ridiculously intrigueing stories of merit. It has always fascinated me; this magic one can spin with ordinary everyday words.

I had eleven --  yes eleven it's true -- different tabs split between two browsers this morning as the rain fell at a steady, pacifying cadence. It all started with Pinterest being set as a home page, it's just so distracting you know? All that inspiration floated around, calling my name. And then the knowledge that I hadn't logged on for craftiness alone hit the girl and thus, several tabs were born.

www.flowerpatchfarmgirl.blogspot.com
IF there is anyone out there still buddy-buddy with Vintage Web, you know it's rather pointless to have just one webpage up so ... in the midst of flipping between browsers, a cute little idea popped up on my screen and I stumbled upon this adorable LOVERLY blog --->

I think most Farm Girls have got what it takes, because all the blogs I love reading of late are farmy lovelies who twist their rough 'n tumble lives into enjoyable moments that tickle tastebuds of the mind and make you beg for more.

But then I decided, it calls my name because outside my window is the tiniest farm in the making. The air smells of woodsmoke, and men in camo line the roads and stop for grub and coffee at the forever-old gas station just minutes from our house, with the graveled muddied up parking lot and the original two gas pumps from I don't know when.

Our roads will be the last to be scraped when the snow comes. Our home smells of goodness and baking and love in abundance. Our Christmas tree has been up since Black Friday and the stockings hang from primitive little snowman on the mantle, nestled between glittering garland, pinecones and berries.

Half a dozen presents have been hidden from one end of the house to other, top to bottom. Soon, we'll run out of places to stow away our gifts and we'll feel the incredible urge to wrap them just to give them away the very next moment. The girl is horrible at keeping secrets and hiding things ... I fail at surprises. Ask anyone, it's true.

And thus, I am not busting at the seams to start gift-giving just yet because nothing has been wrapped. Part laziness, I suppose but more so just because I know once they're wrapped I will be incredibly impatience to watch my family tear into them and so forth.

But I promise myself that soon I will wrap them up all pretty though it won't matter when all is said and done, and bury them beneath the Sappy Green branches of the Christmas tree in my room.

Alas, the sky is still dark and cloudy. The munchkins are one-tract-minded toward only one thing now, this being something scrumptious and warm for lunch. Thus, the girl is going to scoot at the very lovely minute of 11:11 and make something yummy! * smiles *

2 comments :

Lisa said...

You're such a great writer! I'm glad I'm not the only one with so many tabs open. My husband makes fun of me for it, but I can't live without at least 4 open at all times!

Brittany said...

Thank you! And yes, I think it just might be entirely "normal" to be an online multi-tasker. ;) Thanks for checking out my blog, as well!

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift