Monday, May 16, 2011

Real Solid Stuff

Sometimes it feels like a big IDK is stamped in Bold Letters on everything I do. Life is just overwhelming right now, which is a big reason why I haven't blogged very much.

At times it feels like all this crazy stuff is a big tidal wave crashing over my head and I'm just drowning. But I'm telling myself that it won't be like this forever and someday I'll look back and think of how I wasted these days overlooking the little things that bring smiles and just stressing out, sweating the small stuff.

So there's a shot of honesty, because I know you love it when I'm insanely honest and all. * winks *

We have the ABC quartet at our church tonight, so my sister and I drove over to the lake to grab Pizza for dinner. Because well, Pizza is just a real good thing and I haven't met a person yet who didn't absolutely adore the stuff. So I run in to Papa Johns and pay for the pizzas and the guy brings over this huge stack of pizzas and I'm thinking, "Oh. My. Lanta. Are you even kidding me?"

The guy sets the pizza on the countertop and grins at me. "Must be havin' a wicked party tonight, yeahhhh?"

I smile weakly | oddly and nod. "Yeah, some party ..."

God, I didn't just lie. I'm just flippin' over all these pizzas, my mama's got me trippin.

So he helps me carry Pizza Overload out to the PT where my sister is sitting pretty behind the wheel. She exchanges glances with Pizza guy before he heads inside. We're thinkin he probably would love an invitation but we're laughing because if only he knew ... yeah man, you can come to our little partaaaay. * winks *

Pizza secure, I slide into the passenger seat and buckle up. We pull out with zero problems, then ... not 3 miles down the road, we take a left turn and pizza boxes give up the ghost and sprout wings. I kid ... sort of.

I unbuckle, not freaking out or anything at all 'cause we've only got a bunch of hungry people at our house dreaming about yummy round stuff in square boxes. I'm thinking how in the world???

So I remain unbuckled -- please don't tell the cops, cause you love me and know I would look less than fantastic behind bars and I'm basically still being honest here -- half in my seat and half in the back seat holding all pizza boxes and my cellphone.

It suddenly occurs to me that it's probably not only illegal to be unbuckled, but to not exactly be in my seat when my sister is driving. So I make like laffy taffy here and hold said pizza boxes in place while still watching where my sister's going and watching the spedometer, etc.

And btw, it's also raining buckets outside and I'm just loving that fact so much that I just want to grab my rainboots and get all soaky wet and everything. * smiles *

2 comments :

Matt said...

Hey Well at least the pizza survived right? I mean cause that all that matters. JK Its raining down here too. Its actually been raining down here for a couple days now! :) Hope you have a great day Britt! :) I'm praying for You!! ;)

Brittany said...

Yeah, Pizza definitely made it. If it hadn't, I wouldn't have been allowed in the house. lol Thanks, hope you have a great day too! :)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift