Friday, June 8, 2012

We should be sleeping ...

We should be sleeping right now, my little brother and I. Are we? No, of course not.

Instead of sleeping, we lay there in darkness discussing Star Wars & Indiana Jones. The strategies you have to use for the particular video games and why so and so should have this power/ability and that.

"I think we beat all eight levels, or ... Around that estimate." He says around a smothered yawn. "I feel reeeeally stupid right now."

I smile in the darkness, he doesnt know I think he's adorable and grown up. "Why?"

"Because, Brit." His tone says I should already know what he's talking about. "I've never talked so much in ALL my life. I always talk alot at night when I'm in your room. I dont know why. It just makes me feel dumb."

"Oh! well, I like listening to you talk about your video games." I say, because I know it's what gets him. He's a gamer at the very core, basically because Sam is THE BEST gamer I know. Seriously, there isnt a game he cant knock out.

"Yeah, well ... oh my wooord! The hair under my arm is gone!"

I open my eyes, up until this point my eyes were closed as I listened. "Do what?!"

"Oh. Well before dinner I found little hairs under my arm and it made me really smile cause thats like ... A man thing. But I think when I go to sleep, my body sucks all the arm hairs back in to sleep."

He's explaining this to me like its the most natural thing in the world. And I'm being a good big sister and not cracking up like I want so badly to. Because honestly, the child and all his theories and whatnot just slay me.
So its back to Star Wars. Indiana Jones. Video Games & Random Facts he feels I should know. Gotta love it!


0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift