Friday, December 16, 2011

Innocent Babblings of a Backwoods Casanova

"Hey Brittany," the voice in the backseat drawled out my name. "I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamed you and me was married."

In the darkness, I could hear Michael's smothered snickering from the passenger seat. It was something between an uh-oh sigh and a snicker, really. The little boy in the backseat had barely said a handful of words until now ...

 Michael and I had been chatting back and forth about school and like I said, { we'll call him Jack } " Jack " was nearly forgotten. But things were suddenly about to change, because the quiet child became a tiny backwoods Casanova between his house and mine.

"Oh you did huh?" Was all I could think to say. And Michael jumped in ever so quickly with a "So what sports do ya like, bud?"

But Backwoods Casanova wasn't buying. He didn't even flinch; didn't even acknowledge Mike. "Yep, and we were having all kinds of fun. Going out on dates and stuff like that."

Wow, the girl was speechless. She nearly jumped out of her seat when Mike read her mind, "You're into basketball huh? Yeah, Matthew -- he's Brittany's boyfriend -- and he's really big into Basketball. He's a great guy, right Brit?"

I nodded, ahmm. But the car fell strangely quiet for a moment that felt even longer. Jack spoke up again, this time his voice attested to the fact he was mulling it over in his 10 yr old mind. The idea that this girl had a boyfriend, "A boyfriend. Huh ... whale, he better not come around here no more."

"Yeah, he lives in North Carolina and he's pretty much amazing." I bit my tongue, Michael was cracking up beside me and burying his face in his coat. I knudged his arm playfully; hoping he was going to get it together long enough to help me gracefully change topic.

More excitement from the backseat, "No way! Noath Carooolyna, huh? Well dat's pretty good, I think I just got me a new garlfrind."

And when Michael shook his head, disagreeing that my boyfriend was just so much cooler and taller and a pretty cool dude, I laughed. That's when I decided there was just something very likeable about Jack. He was on a constant role, I lie not.

"My old garlfrind named Makala, she lives over there in Waynesboro. She's sixteen and we already done kissed, yes sir."

"Oh. My. Word." Michael covered his face with his hands, shook his head. Turning around in his sear, he looked in Backwood's Casanova's direction. "You know you're talking to a preacher's daughter right?"

The little man-child banged his head against the window with a long sigh. "Ohhh no. I'm in so muuuch trebble nowh ..."

And thus, my evening started off with a Flair. I'm sure I'll be able to post some pictures soon from our little Christmas Party we had here at the house tonight. But for now, I'll either go to bed or crack off another round of Backwoods Casanova tales. I don't know really, but we shall see! * smiles *




0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift