Thursday, January 26, 2012

Impossible Perfection

"What if Marriage weren't for our Happiness, but rather for our Holiness?" This is the question a man named Bill posed across my radio this morning as I got ready for the day. That's something good, I thought to myself. But seeing as how I wasn't married and it didn't really apply to me, I didn't give it much thought.

"Along the same line of thought, what if that could be said of every circumstance in our lives?" Nancy Leigh DeMoss asked just a moment later. And this, this is what caught my attention. All my life I've loved working to get everything to the peak of Perfection. * cough *

No really, I have.

And as I listened to today's Revive Our Hearts, I found myself coming to this realization. What if God chooses not to allow everything in our lives to be Perfect, so that he can strengthen us? To make us more Holy, rather than Happy?

Worldly happiness won't last of course, and thats what I'm striving for when I'm doing things here and there. Knowing that if everything is organized | spotlessly cleanstress free | and without a boatload of problems and heartache to accompany it ... I will be one happy girl.

But whoah! When I heard today's segment, the mental brakes slammed to a screeching halt and I thought, What an awesome concept. So simple, but what a neat way to look at all the circumstances in my life right now that I wish weren't the way they are!

It doesn't mean we don't do our absolute best from here on out. I think it means that we do our best, but not break our necks trying to make things Perfect and miss what God is trying to teach us. Hmm ... this is huge for me today. I hope you'll find encouragement in your devotions today! I know that between mine and Revive Our Hearts, it was just a great jumpstart for my whole day! * smiles *

1 comments :

Laura said...

I wake up tired and groggy, ready to get another night's rest. I do my devotions, and only then I can see that every single day during my devotional time God is preparing me for the day that I'm going to have, whether good or bad. If I don't do my devotions for the day it's like going into a battle without a gun.
It is very difficult to trust that God knows what is best for me, and that He knows the lessons I need to learn. When I do trust Him, He strengthens my faith beyond what I could have ever imagined, and gives me overwhelming peace.
Thank you for posting this Brttany.:)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift