Friday, February 10, 2012

Dear Lord, It's All Greek To Me.

At 6:15 this morning, I was just getting ready for the day ahead of me. Michael Buble's Baby Please Come Home was dancing through my head, and my Tea was warm and delicious. Throw my big comfy hoodie into the mix and you've got one very content girl on your hands.
And since you're wondering, I am totally still listening to random bits of Christmas Music. For me, it's more of a Winter thing than just a one month kind of a deal. So as long as it's cold outside and there's still a chance of Snow . . . you'll find me right in the middle of a really great song.

I munched on Breakfast as I packed my lunch, and made another cup of tea. Heaven Forbid I run out of something warm to drink when I'm at work, it's just all downhill from there! Of course, there IS a coffee maker at work but no yummy creamer for the spoiled lady who adores her coffee just so. * long wistful sigh *

The morning was brisk and really rather frigid. In fact, I could even see my breath when I stepped off the porch. But by the time I had arrived at work, the office was warm and inviting. Ah, my day was already off to a great start!

Sliding into the office chair at the front desk, I moved the cursor across the computer screen waiting for it to come alive with a whir of power. A text box popped up and flashed before my eyes, the server was down.

Really? The server was down so very early in the morning? This might've have despaired me some, but I found that Francis had left her appointment book sprawled across the opposite counter. No worries, I thought as I flipped to the current day. I'd be set up in seven minutes flat.

Impressions for upper dentures . . . Okay, I thought I could handle that semi-smoothly. I'd taken two impressions since my first day, but Johnna had always been there to oversee and guide my hands into proper positions, tell me how to mix this and that and whatnot. She wasn't here today, and some of the appointments for the day were Greek to me. But! I smiled to myself as I flipped the compressor switches in the back hall, I can handle this if I keep my head on straight and ask God to help me.

The water from the Ultra-Sonic tipped in the process of filling it up. Scissors fell from a cabinet when I opened it. The Auto-Clave { the sanitation device } was brimming full. I couldn't find Wax Rims I needed. Dear God, everything is going amuck. Give me peace and wisdom to do what I need to do. Please! Help me get through this day, Lord.

My whispered prayer was a simple, silent plea for help that brought instant peace to my heart. In fact, it really amazes me now as I look back on all the little things I couldn't find and the appointments that took longer than they should have, that God really did help me and put such an overwhelming peace in my heart.

Wax Rims. Ah, those wonderful little things that aid in the whole denture fitting process. I really enjoy appointments like this because I do so very little during the actual appointment! Basically I set up and stand by for whenever Jay might decide he needs something from somewhere I probably haven't any idea where it is. That's usually how it goes, but I love the learning aspect and remembering where things go.

I breathe a HUGE sigh of relief when I know right from the moment he asks for something just where to find it. You wouldn't believe how such a silly little thing encourages me, and lightens the load. "Yep, that's good. Perfect!" Is one of the best things I hear all day, when I know I've gotten it right. And thanks to a boatload of learning experiences in the past three months, I'm hearing it more and more. By the way, I can't believe it's already been THREE whole months since I started! Whoah.

{ to be continued ... because somedays call for long winded-ness }








0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift