Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sometimes, You Just Have To Consider.

What If . . .  you woke up tomorrow and discovered you had lost the use of your legs?

What If . . . you went to the doctor and he diagnosed you with Cancer?

What If . . . you lost your eye sight?

What If  . . . you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?

Having a Bad Hair Day? Do you ever stop to consider that little girl who stands in front of the mirror every day, looking at her bare head with tears rolling down her cheeks? Do you think of the weeks and months of Chemo she's going through and thank God you're so healthy?

Do you know how that little girl's life has been pulled from beneath her? How her old friends give her funny looks and pretend she's not there.

Feeling a little sluggish about exercising? Do you ever stop to consider the man who would love to run around in the backyard chasing his giggling children with reckless abandon?

I saw this picture the other day, and thought "How in the world can I get up everyday and find ANYTHING to complain about?!"

I complain  . . .

The Sun's too bright: I need a new pair of Sunglasses.

My hair's a wreck, I can't do anything with it: I wish I had a hair stylist. Celebrity hair.

I've got a headache: I don't think I'll do much, just wait for it to go away.

Run? I don't have time to run. Besides, I just don't feel like it: Maybe tomorrow. Reading sounds good, or maybe we can see what's happening on Facebook.

Wow. Do the articles and pictures I've come across lately put things in proper perspective for me. My excuses and complaints by the boatload are LAME. I've really got to step it up and really count my endless Blessings here! Do more for others, and not myself. Have a better attitude in general, most definitely.

Take just a second here to consider:

What can you do to make Life more about the Blessings, and not the Complaints?

0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift