Saturday, February 26, 2011

I Could Not Do Without Thee

I could not do without  Thee, O Saviour of the lost.
Whose precious blood redeemed  me, at such a tremendous  cost!

Thy righteousness, Thy pardon, Thy precious  blood, must be
my only hope  and comfort, my glory, my plea.

I could not do without Thee, I cannot stand  alone,
I have no strength  or goodness. No wisdom of my own;
But Thou, beloved Savior, art all in all to me.

And weakness will be power  if leaning hard on Thee. For, oh, the way is long,
and I am often  weary, and sigh replaces song: How could I do without  Thee?

Oh God, I do not  know the way;
But Thou knowest, and Thou leadest. And wilt not let me stray.

I could not  do without Thee, O Jesus, Savior dear;
Even when my eyes are holden, I know that Thou art near.
How dreary and how lonely this changeful life  would be,
without the Sweet Communion, The Secret Rest with Thee!

No other friend  can read the spirit's strange deep  longings,
Interpreting its need; No human heart  could enter
each dim recess of mine, and soothe, and hush, and calm  it,
O blessed Lord, but Thine.

For years are fleeting fast, And soon in solemn oneness
The river must be passed; But Thou wilt never leave  me.
And though the waves roll high, I know Thou wilt be near me,
And whisper in the stillness, all  will be well.





1 comments :

Caleb said...

This is such a great song... :)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift