Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nothing Profound

  • Last night in Nursery, I decided we should have one big toy box to put all the toys in. What little kid really thinks to themself, "Let me put the blocks back, before I get out the dollhouse." Not any that I've ever met, let me tell you.

  • Went to Applebees after church for my birthday. It was incredibly awesome and spontaneous. I'm a big fan of spontaneity, it delights my soul. We had a sweet Asian Waitress -- Joshy flirted insanely much with her. He liked her accent, there's no denying. * smiles *

  • I wonder if I'll ever know Caleb's opinion of Listerine Man. Sometimes the delete button can be a pain, it hides what people really think. Just dropping random hints here of course ...

  • "I think too much school work makes you dumb." Says a particular little miss who has such theories that lead is bad for you, so using lead pencils must not be a good thing either.

  • Victoria left me a sweet note on register paper and gave it to Jordan yesterday. It made my whole work day a zillion times better. Surprises like that are like spontaneity, they make me happy and so forth.

  • The Lost Valentine has to be one of the happiest | saddest chic flicks ever. Makes me cry, but I don't feel terribly sad at the end. It's a weird combination of happy sadness I can't really explain.

  • If I'm the middle of something and you're talking to me, you probably won't get anything more than an "Ahmm. Yeah. Mmm." I'm sorry, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

  • My multi-tasking skills are going down the drain. Between work & errands and running to church, there just wasn't time for dinner. Eating in the car is high on my list of dislikes, especially when I'm in the middle of rush hour traffic and my phone starts ringing. Thus, polynesian sauce suddenly covered my steering wheel | my phone got tossed on the floor | and I prayed for a miracle. It was a sad sight to see, even for me.

  • How'd you like a last name of Knickerbocker? Makes me smile, 'cause all I want to say is "Hey. Hey, Mr. Knickerbocker! I like the way you boppity boppity." Oh, the days of Barney. I'm forever scarred ...

  • We decided today that it's a nice thing not to own a credit card. Drea & I would surely do un-smart things, like go to the hateful store deemed Gap and buy all sorts of loveliness that sang "Take me home!" all the day.

  • Jackie: "Quit looking at my fish!" I laugh, and hug her. I feel bad for the poor guy on the other side of the counter. "I got a boyfriend. I wouldn't steal your fish, Miss Jackie-O." * smiles *

  • I think, guys appreciate when girls speak in complete sentences. Yeah, that's what I think.

  • But hey, it's just another day in Paradise. * hearts *

4 comments :

Caleb said...

I have to agree with the toy box idea... I have had to sort those toys way too many times at school for my liking.
I must admit I'm just a little jealous about the whole Applebees thing - It is insanely good!! :)

Brittany said...

You know, I decided we might just be the few that almost cared a little bit | but I prefer to organize things that'll stay that way for just a little bit longer. ;)
And what of Listerine man? I want to know, desperately even. I think you forgot to say ...

Caleb said...

Man, I can't even remember what I was going to say about Listerine man... :P

Laura said...

That didn't happen to be Ab who said that about the lead?Did it?

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift