Monday, February 28, 2011

To Jump Puddles with the Frogs

Today, it rained. The air smelled good and it felt warm outside. All these things inspired me that I should sit down in a comfy cozy chair and write something profound. But thus, people called in sick and others had better things to do than fry chicken & run register's and lie and tell people it was a pleasure when all they really wanted was to go home. And that is how I came to work a 14 shift known as the longest work day of my entire life | one I do not wish to repeat very soon or often. * smiles. *

I believe that sleeping through one's alarm would be a good indication of an unually hectic day, but thankfully my mother awoke and thought of me. Because of her, I had enough time to get up and out the door at quarter to five this morning. I find it quite impossible to tippy-toe through the house when I've got my shoes on, so Josh is continuously getting on me about making all sorts of awful racket.

In spite of the coffee I had downed halfway to work, I kept nodding off as my car wound it's way around the curving country roads and into town. I turned the radio on, but to no avail. It was a desperate need for sleep and comfort, I tell you! * yawn *

I've never had the pleasure of working anything but FREE breakfast mornings at Chick-fil-a so the change of pace was much appreciated today. It was pretty quiet for the most part.

At four, I was asked to stay an extra hour so someone could go on break. Knowing what a good thing there was to be had in breaks, I agreed to stay. And when five o'clock rolled around I clocked out and was just headed for the door when my manager asked if I could stay longer. And thus, my heart and soul cried Jesus save me now! I need to feel you in this place ... and so forth.

Hours came and went, and I wondered if my legs would eventually succumb to exaustion and drop me right where I stood. Eventually, I lost count of the many Banana Pudding Milkshakes I was making and how many times someone asked for my help.  And then the clock struck nine, and I thought to myself "Has nine o'clock ever been so wonderful?"

Thus, my brain has turned to mush, ya'll. But bed is sounding more amazing to me than you'll ever know, only I'm sitting in the chair & a half and I truly wonder how I'll drag my sleepy self to bed.

Goodnight rainy, wet world that I adore.

1 comments :

Caleb said...

Please tell me you're off today! What a crazy schedule. We were part of the "Free Breakfast" crowd today!! :)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift