Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nothing Profound

  • 4 am comes far too early. I sometimes cannot fathom how my family slumbers through all my noisiness as I come in and out of the house before the crack of dawn. My sister must surely hate the fact that her bedroom is beside the front door, I'm forever waking her up to lock it behind me.

  • Warm cars on cold, rainy mornings are wondrous things.

  • My early morning drive to work, in the dark on empty roads is one of the best parts of my day. I may not like getting up early, but it's peaceful and quiet. I like that. * wink *

  • The thought of Chicken Burritos & Spicy Biscuits doesn’t excite me terribly much, but people were pushing and shoving to get to the counter this morning. Billy said, “Congrats on being 5 yrs old, ya’ll.” My sentiments exactly …

  • So we’re sitting in the break room discussing our dislike of particular breakfast foods this morning, when Billy says, “You at least like pancakes, don’t you?” Kristin replies, “Yeah, with fruit and cool whip.” I smiled. “Oh yes. That's the best way to eat them." Billy shook his head. “Ya'll must be eating 'em soaked in vodka then. Man.” 

  • Crazy peoples. Who ever heard of doing a thing like that?

  • Hitting one’s arm on the window ledge of drive-thru is no laughing matter. When you can say nothing but “It’s my pleasure” with a forced smile it is even worse.

  • Worked Drive-thru | Front Counter | Bagging & Headset. It was a crazy whirl of activity in my brain all day. Sang dumb silly songs with Sara and had a terrific afternoon, there's something to be said of getting off at the same time. And my how that last half hour always seems to fly in the most awesome of ways.

  • I truly think all the hillbilly boys should keep their opinions to themselves. And I'm not even sure how it's possible, but this one guy just about took my breath away. I think he must've showered in Listerine.

  • Do you know what it is to swallow a lemon seed through a straw, by accident? I do.

  • "The cold wind was blowing crazy wild, it felt like zero degrees!" And truly it might have been, if you're a warm snuggle bug who doesn't particularly care for the cold outdoors. * smiles *

  • I randomly want to go swimming in a heated pool. Somehow, I think that would be really awesome right now ... warm | sunny beaches would be twice as nice!

0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift