Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nothing Profound

I just walked in the door, dumped my belongings on the coffee table and made a bee-line for the kitchen. I'd been told there was chinese in the fridge ... this was truly good news. I've been starving half to death all day! So now, I'm sitting on the living room floor eating supper after midnight and thinking how awesome bed is going to be and how absolutely amazing my food is. It's been one crazy day, I hardly know just where to begin honestly. But nevertheless, it was good. * smiles *

  • If you asked me how HOME was, I'd sigh happily and say "Home? Oh, it feels amazing." Because I've missed my lovely abode all day and wished very much to be here doing fun stuff, and hanging out with the kiddos. Thus, the smile on my face and all thoughts of everything that next week might hold in the very far off distance.

  • Don't you just hate that last piece of Ice that always sticks to the bottom of your cup, and pops you in the mouth after you've shaken it five different ways?

  • Break: The time I like to eat my food and enjoy pure silence before throwing myself back out into the mad chicken-loving world of pushy | shovey people who Just Want a Freakin' Bite to Eat! (quote. unquote.) Well that's not how the cookie crumbled tonight, ya'll. It was a sad sort of affair that ended rather badly ... I ate my food to the tune of Grant singing "Hey! I don't wanna work without you, baby!" ending in "So hurry up and eat, woman." I stared at him and said nothing but "Grant." To which he laughed and said "Just kiddin' take all the time ya need." And I thought to myself, "Thank you, because you know I was going to inhale my food and hop back out there lickety split." * winks *

  • ... Followed up by Carol talking for a solid 20 minutes without me following a single thing she was saying. I'm serious, the girl was entirely lost to Miss Carol's ramblings. And thus, I felt a little bad.

  • Tonight, Catarino says "You tell me how you been, huh." He's so funny, and yet I feel like a complete idiot because I don't communicate very well -- seeing as my Spanish lacks muchly. So finally I tell him "One word, Catarino. You give me one word a day to learn, mmkay?" He laughed and said "Loco Chica. You smart, you learn alot." Thus, we shook hands and I learned three words. I've got ice and cold, but forgot the third one. Hah! And he thinks I'm smart ... but nevertheless, I shall try until I am deemed an epic failure.

  • So this lady seriously came into Chick-fil-A today wearing pj pants. I thought, "Oh well that's all fine and good for you, Ma'am. But really? The pearl necklace and fancy updo sort of maybe clash with your evening wear." And yes, the girl kept these thoughts in her heart and pondered them all the while.

  • Why is it that simple Common Sense sounds so profound and people desire it like beggars after bread? They just can't get enough of it. But I think of when the tables are reversed and I just want someone to listen to my problems and give me profound words of wisdom aka. tell me what to do when I just don't know. It's nice when people come to you with a problem and you can give them a bible verse about how to handle it. I love that about God's word, I think it's fantastic! * smiling muchly *

  • Since we were on the subject of customers anyway, we had this hillbilly redneck guy come walking in and the moment he opened his mouth I dropped my cup of ice and stared in open-mouthed shock. I think our little hick-man must've been in the midst of forsaking some serious gentlemanly roots. He had great diction, and yet he hardly looked the part. I don't even know where one might hale from with vocabulary and pronunciation such as that! All I could think of was Pastor Deatrick standing up in front of class and saying "You've got pretty good diction, boy." in a fake southern drawl as he quoted a man whose name I forget. Ah, he quoted that so very often ... and tonight the remembrance made me laugh.

  • Is a possum really dead if it's eyes are still glowing? I wonder this only because I almost hit one on the way home and thought I'd save myself the heartache of feeling bad if wasn't just playing possum.

  • My pjs & bed are calling | beckoning | pleading for me and thus, I must go. Tell me how blessed I am to have nine good days all in a row? I love knowing that every day may not always be good, but there's always something good in every day. So I pick out the good stuff, and live on that until the next good thing happens. I'm kind of in like with this ... I'm a big fan of happy thinking, you know. * winks *

0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift