Sunday, October 2, 2011

Getting A Little Culture ...

Friday morning, we got up and went to Cracker Barrel for a nice brunch which was -- if you've ever gone to Cracker Barrel -- was simply and deliciously AMAZING! The girl would go there for biscuits with butter and blackberry jam, alone. It is definitely among my favorite things on this earth. Anyways, enough about the biscuits, yes? * smiles *

We went to the Frontier Cultural Museum after that and in spite of the fact that it was slightly windy and a bit chilly, we all had a really nice family day together. Of course, the camera has become a big part of our family, so we turned the whole day into a photo shoot of random shots and fun things we did and saw.


But you didn't come to hear me gab, I know. So here's a handful of our fun family day over the mountain ... enjoy, ya'll! * happy sigh *



I believe this was the 1800's house -- it was really cool.
And old of course, which graced everything with bits of charm.



Daddy and the girls getting ready to watch the boys split fence rails
the old fashioned way. Really? I'm glad I wasn't a boy back then, my arms
would have probably fallen off, you think?



Ah, look at that man-child go! He's got determination, I'll give him that.
What's more, my child loved doing it! Only because, he could rest in the fact
he wouldn't be doing it for more than a few moments in time.



He liked it so much the first time, he thought he might have another go
at it! He said, "I sort of felt like a man. Kind of like Pop-Eye, ya know?"



~ My Momma & Daddy ~

We were all crammed into the little settlement house which wasn't so very
awesome. It made me thankful for my home with walls I couldn't see through, etc.
Aren't they just adorable ... yes, that's a statement. * winks *


And Me, watching the kiddos do their thing ... which meant holding their
jackets while they went to pet the sheep. But that didn't last long of course, because ...


They all squealed, "Oh they're so soft and warm, Brit. Come feel!"



... So the girl did, and they were. So very soft and warm and comfy feeling.
No wonder they use their furr for the sweaters hanging in my closet! I think
we all bonded. * winks *



~ Me & My Sissy ~



The front porch just looked so cute! -- Spoken like a true
modern girl, I suppose. Because really, the wood pile by the door is
oh so very practical. 



The spinning wheel just for looks now, but I thought it was really nice.



Just some tin cups and things hanging by the door ....


0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift