Monday, October 31, 2011

While The Moon Looks Down On Me

"We are SO going to be late," Kenna said from the passenger seat. I glanced at the clock on my dash board and involuntarily hit the gas pedal. Our morning had begun with a hurried trip to the Lakehouse to check on puppy-loves and I wondered if the Pastor's daughters would be late for church? I sighed ...

Thirty minutes later, I walked down the long hallway and back into my little classroom where a dozen or so colored pictures hung from the walls, each representing a lesson we'd covered. Joshua looked up at me from the picture he was coloring. "Brit, I really wish they could've stayed in here, but you're a good teacher. So it's ok, don't worry."

Taking a seat across from Joshua, I grabbed my lesson ~ all about the 10 Lepers Jesus healed, and how only one had returned to thank him. From that we would focus on how we forget our blessings. Thanksgiving day is pretty much like { tomorrow? } in my mind, so I had a Thankful Project for them to start working on, and in my head it was oh so perfect. So in line with the lesson ...

Instead of helping my munchkins glue and color and write, I pictured the munchkins I had taken out to the adult Sunday School class after they had bickered for several minutes and my heart cried. The girl is not a fan of bickering, I am in fact a believer in mercy but my little people's character needed some pruning so it left me no choice. It was the right choice, and afterwards they even came up and hugged me and apologized in their little people ways that melted my heart.

Still though, Joshy's words of encouragement did wonders for me and we had a fun-filled lesson with our story and the makings of our Blessings Board for next week. * yay *

It was also the first day of Revival services and the messages all day were great! The Barnes came over for lunch so it was a packed bunch of 12 around our kitchen table which I've never considered small until this afternoon. We had ridiculous amounts of Fun all afternoon ... between the guys washing the dishes { ok, they finished up the smaller dishes for us girls because they were feeling helpful & random, so we let them of course } and rounds of Liar around the coffee table. We knocked out almost three pots of coffee, I don't know how. * winks *

The moment church let out tonight, it was Dominoes Pizza around the kitchen table once again. Followed by another game of Liar before the little boys were put the bed, and endless amounts of laughter and good-natured teasing.

And now it's late. The moon is glowing a golden haze outside my window, the family is spread out all over the house fast asleep, and the girl realized suddenly how very, very tired she is. * smiles *

Goodnight Wonderful Cozy World.



0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift