Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Little Culture, Part 2


~ Me and My Daddy-O ~

I love this man, he's so very amazing. Lucky me, hmm?



It's our Laner! Standing on the porch of the 1800's house, full of
fascinating little tools and things. Including a broken chair, to which Sammy
declared, "Look! A big man must've sat in that." Oh the boy ...



Mckenna, not fussing about Mommy snapping a quick picture. If it were
me attempting to capture this moment, it would be an epic failure to be sure.



Walking up the hill to the old school house where we all crammed to fit in.
There was an old school master inside, telling us the reason behind carrying a
big stick everywhere they went. One little boy shouted out, "So's they could beat
kids with!" Ah, yeah ... he was right.



The boys got to try their hand at doing school the old fashioned way, on slates
writing with dulled metal. They only wrote their names and Josh leaned over and
said, "Brit, I think I just like using pencils like normal people."



Abby was content just to stand by and watch, she's been there and done all
that before. It amazes me how much she looks like us girls and Momma here!



Daddy and the boys stopped to look at some horns that were heaped in a big
pile, they were all tagged and labeled for sale. He picked one up and the moment I
took this picture he looked so serious that we had a good laugh about it later.



This man was a wood carver, he was really nice and explained things to Joshy.
Of course, the boys were fascinated and the man gave them wood shavings too.



My Momma ~ And ~ My Momma and Abigail on the side porch of the 1800's house.




Me and my Momma. More and More, I think we're starting to look alike.
This cracks me up really, because people don't even have to ask who I am anymore
if they know my momma.



Mckenna . Me . Lana.

I love how Kenna had to be talking in this picture!


So there you have it, even more pictures of our Family Day over the mountain.
 I told you there was going to be an awful lot. * smiles *

0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift