Tuesday, October 25, 2011

When Someone Loves YOU!

This is so very true. When someone loves you, you don't need them to tell you twenty-four seven because the love is so evident by what they do and how they treat you. Lately, I am realizing that Love is such a wonderful thing that binds us together. No matter if you're together in one place, or far away from one another | miles apart ... Love is strong and stands the test of time. You've heard that absence makes the heart grow fonder, and I truly think it does. Love isn't just words, its trusting | knowing | growing | sticking together through tough times | its a gift from God | it's an incredible thing that sometimes  we can take for granted.
 There are so many countless ways to show love for someone. And I think it's so important to always think of little ways to brighten someone's day to show them you care or that you're thinking of them. People do that for me quite often, especially my Secret Sister at church. You would be surprised what a little card filled with XOXO's and a short little prayer can do for a person!

I have a few college girls that I try to text every Monday, just to wish them a wonderful week and let them know that I'm praying for them as they start yet another busy week of school. They'll text me back right away and tell me they appreciate it so much!

And when my boyfriend tells me first thing in the morning he's praying for me to have a good day and stick close to God, it warms my heart more than you might think. It helps me get up and get going, with a positive attitude even before I've had my coffee and devotions.

God shows me innumerable ways through out my whole day that He loves me. Sometimes its not always the affectionate type of love, but the kind that encourages me to grow stronger physically and spiritually 'cause I've just about reached my limit.

Lately, He's been helping me notice small things to be thankful for:
  •  Like the way the leaves have turned to Scarlett, Pumkin & Mocha.
  • The warmth of my siblings as they wrap their arms around me when I've come in from the cold.
  • My Daddy's hardworking attitude, how he keeps going when he's tired and has a lot to get done. I love that about him, and it's something I admire most about my Daddy. Yesterday, he was tired and sore and he chopped wood all day, and fixed a door for Mommy ~ it made me smile.
  • The delicious smells of the kitchen when Momma has been flipping through a cookbook and something has caught her eye. Mmmm ...
  • My family's love for each other, that's HUGE for me! It's one of the best gifts God has given me and I'm so thankful.
  •  
I could go on and on ... But really, Love is the sweetest thing on earth and we so often forget it. I just wanted to take a few minutes and share with you what God has showed me so very much of late!


I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”        ~ Mariboli 




3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Ya know I like this a whole bunch! You are very right! I like how you bring your world and the people out when you write. ;) it's a very intriguing writing style. Ever think bout writing a book?

Brittany said...

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it ~ people are such a big part of my life so its never hard to include someone. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah? Well you are very lucky.:)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift