Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Just Like Daddy

We're sitting at the library, I'm settled against the wall typing away on my computer. All five of my siblings are safely within eyesight, just where my heart will rest easy.

They partner up -- because the buddy system sounds so old-school but it's so awesome! Sure it's got it's pro's and cons but we rock it and make it look cool. Trust me, we do. * winks *

"Brit, I'm going to go read. Okay?" Abby leans over the funky colored table and smiles at me. "I'll be in one of those comfy chairs over there."

I tell her that's fine and watch her go. Her little head dips down behind the expanse of the chair back and I crane my neck to see her clogged poking out from the foot rest.

"Ab?"

She peeks around the corner, a quizzical look on her face. I tell her to angle the chair so I can see her better. She shoots me a look of disbelief, before carefully rearranging all three big purple chairs to make the move less than obvious to by standers.

"Ah," she shakes her head, her golden-brown pony tail swinging around her shoulder. "Soooo ... embarrassing?"

Her hazelnut eyes pop a little as she settles back into the chair, and flips silently back to the page she had been reading.

I smile. "Oh, look at whose face won't be on the side of a milk jug now!"

She glanced over at me and wrinkled her nose with a smile. "Just like dad."

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

This brought a huge smile to your dads face! :)Mom

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift