Wednesday, March 2, 2011

15 Hours & Counting. Amen.

Oh goodness, to sum up the past 15 hours is nearly impossible. It was nothing but absolute craziness all day long, I just barely remember my morning ...

If you really must know, I fell asleep in the comfy old chair and a half around midnight without intending to. My dear sweet mother shook me awake long enough to trade my abandoned laptop for a quilt and the next thing I knew, daddy was calling my name. I'm not entirely sure what he said, but it was enough to put sudden end to my lovely dream and send me scrambling off the couch in a hurry.

25 minutes later, I was heading to work. My hair was a scrunched up mess, and wet besides and let's not discuss the fact that I was still half asleep. Oh my soul, I was beyond the point of exhaustion and knew that I would surely be late. I called my manager Billy and told him I was running late, and being the easy-going guy that he is, it was all fine and dandy. He said, "You're fine, pal. Just get here, and try not to kill yourself on the way huh?" Did I mention what easy-going people do for my nerves? * sighs of relief *

And on my way -- seeing as how I couldn't exactly break my neck to be there -- I noticed gas was $3.29 a gallon. I glanced down at my fuel gauge and thought, "Really now? America should run on Dunkin', it's much cheaper." But then I remembered one of our customers from Georgia had said it was almost thirty cents higher where he lived, to which my soul cried "Oh, my lanta! I'm glad I don't live there."

Work was all fine and dandy, if not just a bit longer than I would've liked. But still yet, 10 hours isn't bad for a day's work. The days are getting longer and longer, and I am soon becoming a stranger in my own home. I walk in the door and think, who are these people? And my room has turned into a disaster zone of Sunday's clothes on the bed | one I thought of wearing and didn't | several pairs of shoes scattered here and there | random papers on my desk | and various other items that were very crucial at one point in time, and now lay very much forgotten where they've been dropped.

Just for the record, I want my clean room back. I want to remind myself of what it is to eat dinner with my family and not at quarter to twelve | to stand back and catch my breath for just three minutes and not smell of fried chicken | Gerber Shakes & Lemonade.

The highlight of my day --- my grandma and daddy stopping by to say hello. I liked this bunches!

I basically booked it home, in time to make a quick wardrobe change -- yes, more clothes to add to the pile in my room. Sorrowfully. -- and make a mad dash to go get pictures taken with the family for our church directory. May I say, that wearing work shoes all day and sporting stillettos for 2 hrs afterwards is unwise? Yes, it truly is one of the dumber things I've done in my recent past.

 Thus, it is midnight and the girl is beyond the point of shoot me now. I'm dead. exhaustion. I'm in my favorite spot, but tonight ... well, tonight I shall call it a day before I no longer have a choice. * smiles *

0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift