Friday, April 29, 2011

Fellas Are Funny Things

My boys are growing up too fast. This pretty much blows my mind, especially when they hug me and reach the top of my shoulder. Feels like just yesterday they were bouncin' up and down in their cribs, crying for their sissy to grant them a little freedom. * smiles *

Joshy tells me he's moving to an Island. He's too big for Seahorsey blankets and stuffies. He's talking about driver's license and buying a jeep. I was only half listening -- to my shame -- and asked, "Oh, you want sissy to buy you a jeep like Sammy's hummer he got for his birthday?"

He turned around, ever so serious, and said. "Uh, no. Brit, you can't drive around on my island like that!"

"Oh, my bad." Where does this kid come from? I love him bunches, he makes me smile. He wants me to come to his island with him, he promises he'll have solar power so I can still blog and talk to all my friends. But there won't be a lot of noise, except for when the monkey's make that funny sort of noise they do. And he'll make his own yogurt --- mashing fruit & sticking it someplace cold -- and do all sorts of fun things like taking his boat out. I asked why he didn't take a plane, and he said "Brit, my island is uninhabited. There's no place to land yet."

Alright, kid. * smiles *

Then I go downstairs and Sammy's playing Tiger Wood's golf. He's telling me all about his triple bogey and how he's going to really start improving if he plays a lot more than he already does. He's playing a new level than the ones I've seen, so I commented on the nice houses. He clicked pause, and said "What houses?" I pointed, "Right there, Bud. They're pretty nice."

"Oh." He looked a little surprised. "I never noticed those before."

"How could you not, Sammy? They're right there!" I laughed, knocking his arm a little bit. He shrugged and shoved a hand down the pocket of his tiny plaid shorts. "I don't know, Brit. I'm just playin' the game."

Like Father like Son ... Like ALL men I've ever known. My soul, they start young. Must be the way they're made, and this sometimes baffles me, ya'll. * Shakin' my head. *

4 comments :

Matt said...

Hey you should tell Josh if he has an island he can have a water-plane, an tie it up on his dock with the boat. :) An you know me, I'm pretty observant!!! lol ;) Well I guess it goes by what you think is important enough to notice. Like what I think would be important you might not notice an vice-versa! ya know? :)

Carolyn said...

Your brothers are soo adorable, you should bring them...or at least one of them to work someday...I wonder if Chicky has those 'Bring your child to work days' doubt it but ya'know things might change when I'm in power jk *smiles*

Brittany said...

Matthew ~ I told him what you said and he looked at me like I was stupid. He said, "Brit, does he know I don't have that kind of money? That's really gonna push me over the edge." lol I never expected Joshy to say that to me, ever. But I died laughing ... what kind of almost 7 yr old says things like that? ;) We'll have to think of something else hmm? lol

Brittany said...

Carolyn ~ My brothers are the apples of my eyes. I love them bunches! I'll have to bring them by to play one day, I keep telling them I will. And sissies can't lie, they just cant. :)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift