Sunday, April 17, 2011

Just Climbin' Dumpsters & Takin' Trash

Hmm. To capture everything in a nutshell, I have to think about this for just a moment. * smiles *


Amanda put me in dining room, and I totally loved it! With the small exception of not ten minutes of being out there, I caught the end of my finger on a piece of trim and it bled for a considerably long time. Like no finger really should, to be quite honest …

I think I should just chalk that up as my mishap for the day. lol jk

We had a pretty bad storm in Charly today, so Chicky wasn’t too terribly busy. Amanda ended up sending Victoria out to help around 8 o’clock which ended up being a lot of fun. Thirty minutes later, we decide our trash really should be taken out; it’s only piling up all over God’s creation back there. So we grab the big rolling cart loaded with unbelievable amounts of trash, and head out to the big dumpsters.

One thing you have to know is, I’m 5’2 -- sometimes 5’3, on a good day -- and Tory is almost my height but a little shorter. It was an absolute blast doing trash. I lost count of just how many times we tried … and failed, epically. It was pretty sad, but we were cracking up so bad | moaning and groaning trying to toss those bags over the dumpster, it was quite hilarious. * winks *


And while I can’t say taking trash in the rain is one of my absolute favorite things in the world, it isn’t too bad. But Catarino’s trash -- chicken trash that weighs a zillion and 5 lbs -- is waaaaay too heavy to just chuck over a dumpster of ANY size. So what did we do? Just about the only thing we could think to do … I climbed on top of the smaller | normal people sized dumpster and half dragged the bag with me, while Victoria pushed.

I know you’re trying to picture this [ and probably smiling a little bit too ] but you've no idea the sight we made. I only slipped off twice before we succeeded. Let me tell you, our victory was wet, but pretty sweet. We double high-fived and that made the world seem like a better place. * laughing muchly *

-- Don't ask if climbing on the dumpster was my idea. You already know. 

Victoria and I had dining room all ship-shape within an hour or so. We were pretty much proud of ourselves … and then, just as we were going to close our last section, a bunch of people piled in like they were ready to party it up. I looked at the clock. I looked at Victoria. We sighed, and thought of a lot of nice things to say.


Instead of saying all the nice words in my head, I headed out to the Play Area which is fastly becoming my friend. Sort of. * winks *

When cleaning above mentioned Play Area, I sometimes want to just curl up in a corner and go to sleep. It’s the quietest, most relaxing place after 8 o’clock comes around and all the kiddos go home for the night. Yeah, I guess that’s pretty crazy.

Somehow we ended up getting out super late. Probably on account of us stocking everything to the absolute 9’s and everything else being sparkly clean. * smiles *

All I have to say is, that it almost -- but not quite -- breaks my heart to hear them say “Good Morning” on the radio as I’m driving home from work. That means it’s crazy late and I’ve still got bunches of stuff awaiting me. Happy Birthday. Lol
 
Whale, that's about all I've got for a day & a night, ya'll.
Any more, any less would be twice as random and probably put you
to sleep. * smiles *
 
Good Night.

8 comments :

Brian said...

First!

Ok, did you ever hear what happened to me? Carloyn would know, ask her for her impression of the story. One time we were taking out trash and we had one of Catarino's bags. Those things really are heavy. Anyway, we couldn't push it up there , so I did what I always do in these situations. I climbed on top of the smaller dumpster (which is a grease trap btw) and I I asked her to hand the bag to me. As I was lifting this bag above my head to drop it in, the top on the grease container slipped off and I fell into the grease trap. It was awful. So awful that I didn't get hurt (too badly) but I completely ruined my work shoes. I threw them out, but they smelled worse than anything I have ever smelled. Good thing it was only a week before my last day.

Glad you had a good day. =]

matt said...

Hey YOU!!! The part about you climbing on the dumpster made me laugh! lol I never had that problem lol. ;) Btw I knew you were short, but I didn't think I was THAT much taller than you. ;) That is always weird when you drive home in the early hours of the morning. lol I hope you didn't fall asleep in church today. lol
P.S. I was looking thru my Bible today an I found that note you gave me b4 christmas. :) I had forgotten I had it in there. I read it like four times, smiling the whole time! ;)

Brittany said...

Brian - Carolyn was telling me all about your little accident. And NO! I didn't know that was a grease trap, and I'm pretty much horrified to think I'd smell like grease for an eternity if I fell in. lol

Brittany said...

Matthew - Hello!!! So I pretty much figured that you would crack up over me climbing dumpsters. lol I'm sure you never did have that problem, but lemme tell you ... It's a far-out adventure! Yep, I'm just THAT much shorter than you but it's not something I mind terribly much. haha!

P.S. Miracle of miracles, I didn't fall asleep in church. Mostly on account of Sammy kicking my shoe because he was bored. ;)
I'm glad you re-discovered my note!

Matt said...

Hey YOU!!! I'm glad you get to have a 'far-out' adventure every time you take out the trash now! jk lol ;) Ya know I don't mind the whole height difference thing either! ;) Not much I can do about it either! lol Well I'm glad you didn't fall asleep in church, that's good! :) Hope you have a super-fantastical Night Britt! ;)

Anonymous said...

You should really work on growing taller and maybe becoming stronger...or maybe they should keep a ladder out by the dumpster (just for you) :D I don't suggest standing on that 'little dumpster' it's not at all safe as Brian mentioned, I feel off it once too right in front of Steven and I'm still embarrassed about it.
We didn't actually get out that late, some people just like to delay and act crazy, not to mention be completely impulsive *winks* lol
Carolyn

Brittany said...

Matthew - Thanks! Hope your night is super-fantastical too! Prayin' for ya. :)

Carolyn - I'm working on the whole stronger part. Catarino says "Chica, you get muscles soon!" I think he's encouraging me, maybe. lol As much stretching as I do, I SHOULD get another inch or so higher ... then again, if they hung a ladder out there I wouldn't complain much either. haha! SO kidding. Hey lady, impulsive ADD shopping can be um ... interesting | cool | fun & idk, just plain different lol

Matt said...

Hey YOU!! Thanx for praying. It is encouraging to hear an know some1 is praying for me! :) I'm praying for YOU too! :)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift