Sunday, April 3, 2011

Windy Days & Water Guns

Tonight, I feel almost like I've got a bit of a jump start on this thing. If only because I posted random tidbits earlier and I'm almost quite awake right now. * smiles *

The moment I clocked in, it was kind of like a tiny madhouse of changing shifts and helping customers. Becca put me in drive-thru, which I'm going to say I really currently enjoy. My manager Billy and Adrienne were already holding things down over there so it was nothing short of a barrel of fun when I got there. 

As usual, Billy was full of himself. That's just Billy for you, and we all pretty much love it. He was randomly telling us about this friend he had in high school that thought he was cool. He'd answer the phone in a deep | low voice like "Heeey." Mostly because it was typically a girl, and he loved to impress them. So Billy called his friend one day and pretended to be a girl they both knew. He answered the phone in his typical deep way and Billy kept him going for a bit, before cracking up. The friend changed his voice back to normal and said, "Oh. Hey man! What's up?" 

It's so much funnier when you can actually hear Billy's rendition of it. Adrienne and I were laughing so hard.

And then as he's just standing around in drive-thru, I turned around and asked "Um, so are you just there for looks or what?" With a straight face he replied, "Heck no. I'm drive-thru eye candy, girl. What you talkin' about?" Billy. Billy. * Shaking my head. *

About an hour later, the sky had darkened considerably, and the wind had really picked up. I turned around "Adrienne, I have a bad feeling. Like I'm going to let somebody's money fly away ..." She smiled at me, and said it was pretty windy. The woman pulls up to the window, I go to hand her the change and what do you think happens? No, really. What do you think happens?! Her dollar bill goes flying across the parking lot in a matter of seconds, with both of us watching. I look at her | she looks at me. Finally, I say "Can we pretend that money's gonna go to some hobo on the street corner?" I didn't expect her to laugh, but she did. It was the first thing that came to my mind, because that was the only possible good thing that could happen.

The power ended up flickering several times due to the intense winds sweeping across town, but thankfully it came back on and we didn't have to shut down.

This guy through the drive-thru tonight and the whole time I'm getting his order out, and ringing him up he's holding this green and orange water gun (??) out his window. I'm sorry if I sound a little paranoid, but he looked pretty normal like he was all there, he even had tatoos up his arm. And I just want to know why a random guy in his late 20's would do something so very ... odd? It kind of creeped me out, because he never said anything. Just took the bags and watched me. Definitely a weekender ... that's for sure.

Someone thought Adrienne and I were twins. When she asked me, Adrienne came over to the window to hang out and we both answered no at the same time. The woman laughed, and thought we were so adorable. Made me smile. Truly.

We even got to talk about my two favorite subjects. God, and my very best friend. We were discussing how God uses different people and things in our lives to make us into what he wants. How God brings you to the place he wants you by things you never would've chosen for youself. And sends you special people who make everything so very worth it!

It's crazy. 45 mph feels pretty reckless when you're exhausted. McKenna and I decided it's only because your brain can't comprehend everything flying past your window at such a rate when you're tired. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. * smiles *


Sidenote, I'm just curious why I have to ALWAYS be starving when I get home? Drives me insane, but it's like all I can think about and it's 2am. I think to myself, "What in the world, girl?" I tell myself I'll be fine until breakfast, then I just lay there forever wishing I'd eaten something, so I think maybe I'll  rememdy that somehow and hit the hay. Who knows?

Goodnight, Ya'll.

4 comments :

Matt said...

It was super windy here yesterday as well. You should have seen my dad tryin to mow the lawn, his hat kept flyin off! lol He came in an was like its too windy out. lol :)
Well I'm glad that guy didn't have a real gun. :) Well as I seem to member you can be kindof a reckless driver. jk lol ;)
Idk if this helps, but I'm always hungry when I get home from work. Its cause you work hard thats why you are hungry. :) Hope ya have a super-fantastic day. ;)

Little Blue Button said...

Haha! The mental picture of your dad yesterday makes me smile. :) I'm glad that guy didn't have a real gun too, but he was still kind of creepy ya know? And ME, a reckless driver? never. lol
Of course it helps knowing I"m not only one that's starving when I get home from work. ;)

Matt said...

Haha I do know the whole creepy thing. lol Well We both know you an bees an drivin don't mix well. ;) ROFL ;);););)

Little Blue Button said...

Oh my soul ... It's rather obvious I won't be living that one down for a long time! lol ;)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift