Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Nemesis Tea. Part Two

As if my mini episodes with Tea weren’t bad enough; when Brent finally put me on front counter a lady ordered a large hot tea. This wasn’t really a big deal, until I went to hand it to her and Jackie turned around and almost knocked me in the face. Without thinking, I put my hand up to block her, and the lid popped off the cup and the next thing I knew, scalding hot water had sloshed over my hand and onto the floor.


My eyes watered, it was so hot. I handed the order out without a moment’s hesitation, and then it hit me. My hand was tingly | burning | numb all at once and all I wanted to do was cry. Almost nothing has ever hurt so bad, and I’ve done a lot of stupid things in my life time, believe me!

I ran it under cold water for a minute or two, which didn’t do a lot to take away the redness or the fact that it was blistering and swelling. Susan came over and gave me some kind of cream to put on it that smelled minty like an old lady, but helped quite a lot.

Brent came back in the back to make sure I was alright. I told him I’d be out in a minute, and I was. But it still hurts crazy bad, it looks almost normal again except the fact that the top of it is kind of numb and warm.

I find it kind of comical that I went out and bought shoes today, to prevent falling and breaking my neck. And it so happens, that I dump tea all over the place and burn myself. How do I like them apples? Well, I don’t exactly. * smiles *

But there wasn’t a lot about today that I didn’t like. It was just a fun day, mostly because we had really nice customers and a lot of fun people on shift today that work well together. This makes such a big difference.

P.S. We somehow ended up with a nugget that looked very much like a mouse. It was so odd and comical, we pulled it out and took a picture of it.



But I promise you ... It truly isn't a mouse. Not even Chinese Chicken.

Goodnight, World.

2 comments :

Matt said...

Idk bout you, but when I worked at chicky I always loved eating the odd shaped nuggets. lol Btw I did that one time, dropping scolding hot water on my hand. NOT COOL at all. I think my hand was red for like 3 days. Good thing you put some ointment on it right after it happened that will help. ;) Member the whole burn thing on you wrist?? I told you to put somethin on it but you didn't an alas it scared, right??? well I guess you can tell me sometime soon. Night ;)

Little Blue Button said...

Red for three days?! Wow. And yes, I definitely thought about you when we put something on my burn yesterday. I learned my lesson the first time, when my wrist scarred. lol Have a super fantastic day!

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift