Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Little Bit of Zumba. A Little Bit of Clean.

So I'm sitting on the floor at church, waiting for my piano lesson. We were three minutes late, but come to think of it ... we're always exactly three minutes late. I have no idea how we manage that. But somehow, we do. * shrug in wonder *

Yesterday, was crazy. From start to finish it was one insane day, but not without its moments of fun. The girls and I cleaned 4 houses in roughly 4 hours which you have to admit is pretty incredible. We joked about it not being Zumba Dance, just Zumba Clean! Shew.

I dropped the girls off and headed to work. And THAT was quite interesting to say the very least about everything. It being Friday night, we had a lot of those very typical weekenders come through the drive-thru. One guy drove up singing, and I don't mean just singing ... I mean SINGING! He was sky high and on his way to being quite intoxicated with a liquor bottle half covered in a brown bag sitting between his legs. And I thought to myself, "Good. Gosh."

So he was half hanging out the window, grinning like an idiot and saying things I could barely interpret. He stayed at the window for a good three minutes, saying "Hold on, Girl. Hold on. I get you the 'zact change ..." The whole time he's digging around his car and stopping every so often to stare out the window and shake his head with that idiotic-grin. You know how impossible it is to keep being so nice that long when you know you could probably find the money in under thirty seconds if you tried? Yeah.

Then two women and a guy came through and the woman was hollering. When she finally got her wits about her, she smiled real big and said "I'm gonna wanna bag for when I'm done." Then she turned to the woman beside her and said, "Girl we gonna get loose and then we can use the bag."
And then, I thought to myself. "Oh my soul. Shoot me now."

But alas, I went to give her the bag and she was pulled off and shouted "Pysch!" out the window. Mmm, we leave this one at the gate, ya'll. I really wasn't cool with that, mainly because it was late and buttons were getting pushed to the limit. But three minutes or so later, I was fine when we had a nice little family roll up and they even gave me a tract which I thought was kind of funny. But I took it anyway and discovered they were methodists. Funny, I had no idea Methodists passed out tracts. What a sheltered individual, I am!  * smiles *

We had the BlueRidge Boys pile in about twenty some minutes before we closed which was insane amounts of fun. It definitely kept business rolling, and we didn't get out until 11:15 or so. But considering everything we'd accomplished, I'd say that wasn't too terribly bad!


Wherever you are. Whatever you're doing ...
Definitely enjoy it and know that God is always in Control.

Happy Weekend!


2 comments :

Matt said...

Wow, sounds like a pretty 'intense' day. :) Did I ever tell you bout that time the guy came into chic-fil-a with a gun???
I hope you have a good day today! ;)

Brittany said...

Yeah, it was pretty intense but it ended alright so no worries. And I don't remember you telling me about that man with the gun, but I definitely would like to because ... well it's just a good thing to know. :)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift