Tuesday, April 12, 2011

How Does One Forget A Key?

First of all, I can't possibly write another thing without thanking everybody for the awesome comments today. Ya'll outdid yourselves, be over-the-top kind of proud. I definitely smiled randomly through-out the day when I read what everyone wrote.

I slept in this morning. And I mean, I really | really slept in. I woke up three times and somehow managed to fall asleep without ever truly meaning to. It was incredibly nice, I'm not even going to lie. I felt absolutely fantastic when I got up, so here's to hoping I finally caught up on all the sleep I've been missing. * winks *

Just discovered the Play Room keys in my pocket!!!! Epic Failure. So I just text one of my Team Leaders and all he said was, "Nice." What? No helpful suggestions? I mean, sure it IS one o'clock in the morning but still ... it isn't like he isn't awake doing stuff. Maybe I'll pretend I'm five years old, and bug him until he tells me something useful. * winks *

Anyways, back to my afternoon ...

My sister and I cleaned an apartment. Aka the Bachelor's Pad which is pretty much a reckless tale. I don't quite get the various volumes of art/photography lying around. Or the fact that they are grungy-preps if that's even possible. And the tiny little skulls lining a single window sill. I just don't know about these people ... nothing they possess makes much sense to me. But this is all fine and good, of course. I can deal with random misfortunes such as that, I suppose.

We went to Old Navy, and walked around the store like 15-11 times until we'd seen just about all there was to see. I was just in there like a week ago, and it never helps that they move merchandise around like every other day. I think to myself, "Well I already know where such and such is. No biggie, I'll just run in for a minute ... " Not happenin' Joe. Why they gotta do that to me? Hmm ...

Shakin' my head.

Work was crazy. But fun, and this is no lie either. I was in dining room again and basically thought it was pretty much a fantastic night. When I clocked in, I wasn't really feeling the whole deal on account of the amazing Sunshiney weather and loving my regular clothes. It's a sad affair when I have to change into my Chicky uniform sometimes. Not always, just some of the time. But then I discovered I was in dining room, and tonight was Kid's Night, and Donna had bought a box of cheater ballloons. And thus, my night was basically a good one. * smiles *

I cleaned the Play Room -- which I'm sure you've gathered after just discovering the keys in my pocket -- and the slide talked to me once again. Gribble and I went in there a bit later to fix the talking door which was quite the adventure. Who knew doors made such strange noises?!

Went to Walmart when I got off. One of my coworkers called me and when I said "hello?" they replied "Marco." I laughed, "Polo. What in the world?!" And the next thing I know, they round the corner and tackle me. Yeah, I'm sure the Walmart Security people loved getting that one on tape. Crazy Chick-fil-A peoples coming in at midnight ... lol.

I came home absolutely starving, as usual, which is semi-crazy after Jake tells me "Anything you eat after 9 gets stored as body fat." And I said, "Thanks Jake, you're a pal."

IDC right now though. I figure as long as I'm starving, I should probably not lay there thinking about what I would eat if I really could. So I will, and it'll be healthy and I'll love it. And I won't think a single thought about Jake or body fat or anything. Just me and my sweet little dreams in a very short little while. * smiles *

Goodnight, World.

P.S. In case you'd really like to know something CRAZY! It's actually 72 degrees outside right this very second. And that basically blows my mind, but I'm definitely | truly loving this quite a lot. 

4 comments :

Brian said...

I've left the keys in my pocket before. I think everybody has done it. When I worked at Quiznos, we had aprons to wear and someone would always forget and leave it in one of the aprons and then they would put it in the dirty clothes bin.

I am glad you got to sleep in today. Sleep is definitely a good thing, especially when you don't go to bed until 1:43AM

I guess before a big storm, it is normally the warmest. Which, I am sure you are enjoying this rain. Woke me up when I heard all that thunder outside. Then the station got a call for "lightning striking house and now the house is smoking." Every time there is a storm we get one of those.

Gribble is a pretty crazy guy, I bet he probably followed you there, probably wondered why you went the opposite way. Sort of creepy, eh?

Anyway, glad you had such an awesome day. =]

Matt said...

All I have to say is :) Hope you are doing well! ;) I'm glad work is fun, an that you have a bunch of nice people you work with. Makes it a lot easier for sure. You already know what my days are like now, so I won't bore you with telling you bout them. The whole being starving when you come home is totally understandable, I think ive said something to you about it b4. :)I'm praying for your family an all. :) Hope everything is getting better. Hope you have a good night. :)

Brittany said...

Brian - Yeah, sleeping in was nice but I totally missed the rain this AM. It was all sunshiney when I woke up. Gribble is ... hmm, just Gribble. lol But I highly doubt anybody appreciated me screaming in the middle of the card section at midnight. haha! He's such a nut. Looking back, I guess it was kind of funny!

Brittany said...

Matthew - I am! And nice people definitely make work more enjoyable, so that's a big blessing. I never get tired of hearing about your day, but I bet you come home pretty exhausted, hmm? I came home tonight, absolutely dying for food and thought of you. That made everything okay. ;) Thanks for the prayers! I'm praying for yours too. Have a Super-Fantastic Night!!!

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift