Saturday, April 16, 2011

Too Big To Play

Tonight, I thought long and hard. It was kind of epic, because I realized a lot of things I never gave much thought to before now. I'm still pretty much undecided as to what I'll do. * smiles *

I basically killed every possible opportunity of having the awesome privilege to stand in line for an eternity outside Khor Brothers Ice Cream for 5 cent cone day. And that really made me incredibly sad, because ... I wanted ICE CREAM FOR 5 CENTS! Now I have to wait until next year. Bah-humbug, ya'll.

  • Note: If I wasn't extremely paranoid over the fact I would quite possibly be late for work, I SO could have had that ice cream. But alas, I AM paranoid. * winks *

Inspite of all of the above, I had a pretty nice day with my lovely | and adorable sisters. We cleaned three houses, and while we didn't exactly set any records, we still had fun.

Best thing I heard all day: "Ah. You got jokes." This came from Devante, and made me smile. Not to mention the fact it came just when the work day was all crazy hectic and nobody could figure out just where everyone else should be. You've really got to love when all your peoples want to help EVERYBODY all at the same time! It's insanity, but after all ... it IS the thought that truly counts. * smiles *

Brent called me to the back tonight so we could talk, I thought "Oh no! What have I done?" But then it turned out to be pretty swell because all he wanted to know was if I thought I'd be okey dokey in dining room, and I looked at him and said very seriously "Well, I'd love you for a day." He laughed, and said, "So if I put you anywhere you'll just be hating the rest of the night, hmm?" I nodded with a grin, "Basically."

So he was fantastic and stuck me in dining room which according to Miss Muscles, I didn't do half bad in. * winks *

  • P.S. Since I know you're reading this, oh lady with the hefty muscles | warm hugs | and contagious smiles, you stock mints. And you don't just stock 'em either, you make me smile. Mwahahaha!

While I'm closing one of the sections in dining room, this guy sets his stuff down right on the table I'm in the middle of moving. I just wanted to ask, "Are you serious?" And a second guy sits down at the table next to that one, totally ignoring the fact I'm mopping and says, "Dude. These floors are like ... wet." I thought to myself, "You missed the Wet Floor sign, Capernicus."

Gribbles ended up coming out and helping me close dining room. He claims he's too big and old, etc to clean the playground, so I was sweet enough to climb up there and do it for him. * winks * He scared me silly, when he knocked the bottom of the tunnel and caused the whole thing to shake. I'm starting to think he makes me holler just for kicks.

After that, he tried to drown me in the bathroom. He's a big believer in totally soaking the floor, on account of it taking less time to spread the water out or something ... I never really understand the method to this madness. I just hold on for dear life and scout out a squeegee. * winks *

I'm leaving out something totally incredible, I'm sure. But chances are, I'll remember it tomorrow. For now, I'm off to bed. Because after all, sleep is just a very good thing! * smiles *

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

You twisted my words! I said you were great! I almost thought about only putting one or two mints in...but I was nice :D

Brittany said...

lol. Okay, Okay. You said I was great! ;) One or two? Hahah! I would never put that past you. Yes, you were just terribly nice to me. What would I do without you?! * winks *

matt said...

Hey YOU! ;) Its been a while since I've been able to get on a computer since mine is broken. :( Ya know that's not a bad deal on ice-cream. ;) I guess I'll have to help ya with the whole bein paranoid thing! lol;) Ya know what you sound like you are becoming a pro at the whole dining room thing, which is totally cool! ;) I hated when people would totally overlook the wet floor signs. Like one time this whole group did that, so I just walked over an started mopping right where they were sitting lol They moved! lol I hope you are doing well!!! I miss being in the loop of what is new an exciting an all! :( But I get to read your blog!! :) Well I hope you have a super-fantastic day an night! ;) ;) ;)

P.S. I know what you are missing... ME!!!!! ;) An that's not a prideful statement! lol ;)

matt said...

Hey again! :) I just saw your new pic on FB. I really like it! :) Just thought I let ya know. :) You prly figured I would like it, but I just wanted to say it for myself! :) Have a super-fantastical night Brittany! :) ;)

Brittany said...

Matthew- HOLA!!!!!! Yep, it's pretty much been awhile, but I can't keep track of the when and where of comments anymore. I'm either too tired, or busy. lol So what about this paranoid thing? I don't exactly mind being early everywhere I go. ;)
I absolutely LOVE & adore doing dining room. For me, it's the one job where I can have a concrete goal to work towards, and try to beat my time or method every night. Whereas with drive-thru, you just KNOW they'll be more customers. :) I had a YOU moment the other night, and asked a guy if he'd mind moving so I could close the section like you did me that one time. Funny, he didn't mind like I thought he might ... I'm doing well. No worries about being in the loop, I'm not in the loop anymore either. But I'm not sure if you really can be, when you're keeping so busy, hmm?

P.S. THAT is exactly what I'm missing! You're so very smart. ;) And very right. So if it's true, does that make it a 'humble' statement?? jk

matt said...

Well I guess that can make it a humble statement. You will have to be the judge on that one. ;) lol

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift