Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Raining. Pouring. The Old Man is Snoring.

Have you any idea what it feels like to wake up with a total stranger in the room? Someone you've never met, or would wish to meet if you had it to do all over again? That is exactly how I felt when I first opened my eyes this morning and the sunlight flickered into the room.

"Brittany, where's the remote?" I opened one eye to find my daddy feeling around the pile of quilts. I mumbled something about not knowing and fully intended to go back to sleep. But then I saw a pair of jean clad legs standing not four feet from the couch where I had fallen asleep the night before. That did it. Figuring whoever it was and whatever reputation I had just ruined, I might as well not waste the effort getting up.

"Sorry man, she's out like a light." I heard my dad say. I groaned inside, burying my head under the covers as they walked away talking tvs and cable wires. Five minutes later, my sister ventured downstairs and I lay there with my eyes closed. "Kenna, who was that?"

"Oh, just the Satelite guy. But he's leaving pretty soon." She replied casually. "Was he old?" I asked.

She nodded her head, and said he wasn't all that good looking either. Not that his looks really mattered, but that made me feel a little better about having fallen asleep on the couch & being dead to the world and all. But still ... What the heck was the Dish guy doing in my family room at 8 in the morning?!

We cleaned a house this morning, and were kind of pushing things as far as time went so I took a short cut. When I say short cut, I mean it was all red dirt | gravel road cut out between hills and grassy fields. We basically tore that thing up, if I do say so myself. But it was terrible amounts of fun, and we didn't do any damage. * innocent smiles *

Then I killed a squirrel on my way to work, and that made me feel like a piece of trash. It was such a happy-go-lucky looking little squirrel too ... sniff.

I got stung by a bee after that, and randomly wondered why I couldn't have killed the bee instead of the innocent little squirrel. But such is life, ya'll. And no ... I didn't wreck this time. * winks *

Halfway to town, I got stuck behind Farmer Jack with his little Kubota wagon going 3 mph. And I thought, "Lord? I learned this one already, yes? Oh, no? Um ... mmmkay. Thanks, just wondering."

Today was an absolutely trip from start to finish. I didn't really have one set place all night, Brent had me doing dining room | a little bit of dishes | closing front | headset & front reg. It ended up being slightly confusing, but still a lot of fun.

We had quite the thunderstorm tonight, while I was working drive thru. Not fifteen minutes into the storm, hail started dropping pretty heavily. It beat us up in drive-thru, and really cracked us up! All of us girls were laughing, and complaining and getting soaked while the guys on the other side of the nice warm shoot were totally cracking up. You've really got to love it when something puts a spin on the ordinary, everyday stuff.

Well, it's been real and its been fun, ya'll. But this girl is way past the point of drop-dead tired and would love nothing more than to fall asleep listening to the amazing sound of rain outside my bedroom window. * smiles *

Goodnight, lovely wet world.
I love you.

4 comments :

Brian said...

First!

Yeah, I agree, it is very strange waking up to a stranger in your house. But what's more awkward is when your dad wakes you up early and starts talking to you while you're in a sub-conscious state, and then two hours later when you finally wake up, you can't remember what you two talked about.

Don't worry about the squirrel so much. The vultures appreciate you feeding them.

Don't be hate'n on Farmer Jack. That's my cousin, didn't you know?

I always loved being the go-to person at work. It makes time fly and keeps you from getting bored.

We had two really good thunderstorms today. I agree with you, wet stuff falling from the sky is always fun. =]

matt said...

I Don't exactly know what it's like to have some1 I don't know come into my room, but I DO know what it's like to have some1 you don't know wake you up in a house you have never been in b4! rofl Figure that one out! ;) Sorry I didn't get to comment the other day, its just I was super busy! Ugh. lol ;) Hey I ran over a frog the other day! lol Idk if that makes you feel any better about the squirrel? lol Anyway its been pretty crazy the past couple of days. I have been working with some1 from my dad's church, He does road construction. It has its times of interest, an other times of just plain boringness. lol Oh I almost got ran over today! :o That was thrilling a little. lol
Anyway I better quit b4 I write more that your blog lol Hope ya have a super-fantastic day! ;) ;)

Brittany said...

Brian - The Farmer, the fact that I'm feeding vultures doesn't make me feel much better. It's on the verge of Horrid, honestly. lol
And speaking of cousins, did you know Grant's mine? Bet you didn't. Mwahaha!

Brittany said...

Matthew - I got the part about the house. lol It's okay about you not commenting. I didn't even check my blog yesterday because I wasn't feeling terrific & just decided to scrap the whole idea of writing anyways. :)
You ran over a frog?!!! I love little frogs. But seeing as how that was supposed to make me feel better, I'll just overlook the fact I like the teeny green things. lol jk
You sound like you're keeping insanely busy! And what about getting run over? That makes me oh so SAD! How can anybody possibly miss a guy in a crazy bright vest, hmm? Drivers these days ...

P.S. I'm glad you didn't get run over. :)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift