Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nothing Profound-ish

I slept in today. It was more than nice, it was even terrific. I've discovered the value of the almighty dollar, and moving my way on to the value of a good night's sleep. Amen.

After my grandma and I got done working this morning, we randomly decided to go to Ihop and get stuffed French Toast. Have I ever mentioned the fact that I pretty much love these bunches? I've only had them like three times in my whole life but they are nothing short of loveliness. So that's what we did and had so much fun hanging out, just her and I.


 
And when I got to work, Billy said "Hi Burtney. So ... I'm gonna swing ya over on headset, 'cause you're pretty awesome at that." To which he added, "Not much else, but you're good over there. You won't bother me then." He grinned, and made me laugh. "Oh thank goodness, I thought I'd have to smell you all afternoon. And I just can't handle that." I said. His humor is so ... Billy. Gotta love it! You really do.

We girls had a lot of fun doing drive-thru tonight. Probably too much fun, but even when the bottom fell out of two milkshakes and totally exploded all over us AND drive thru we all had a good laugh over that. Now you tell me whats so funny about three girls covered in Banana Pudding Milkshake? * winks *

We sure are a messy lot, we girls.

And then we were all comparing our cuts and bruises from work. It's only fast food but it's so over rated in the safety department. You have no idea all the crazy things one can do to themselves. Take that big Tea Thing for instance ... when its chocked full of tea, it's just not a good idea to lug that thing back to dishes. Even if they are hollering about not having all the dishes back. Well now I've learned my lesson, after earning a big bruise on the side of my hip. * smiles *

We got out a little earlier than we have been lately, so we sat around talking until our manager was ready to lock us out. We had all been talking about girlfriends and boyfriends. Some of us had the opinion that God would bring the right one into your life, and not just to date anyone that was nice to you, etc. As we were walking out to our cars, one of the guys said "You've got good standards, a lot of girls don't. I respect that. Don't ever give that up for anything." And that made me want to cry because I never knew that. But coming from the person that it did, meant a lot because he's a good Christian guy who is always upbeat and encouraging for everyone.

Then ... it rained on the way home. And that made me smile because I love and adore rain, always. There has never been a day I have not welcomed the rain. If it just so happens to ruin plans, those plans can be rescheduled. I don't ever mind when the gray clouds roll in and cover the sky, it just makes me smile.

I never knew Fish Sticks came in circles. So I get home from work and I'm thinking "Wow. That's pretty classy ... turn my sticks into roundness. I can deal with that." I come back like three seconds later and my cat has pretty much helped himself.

"Cat." I say in the firmest, most dissapointed tone I can possibly muster. "I was going to eat that."

So make that two nights I'm going to go bed starving after work. I walk past the cat and say, "Thanks pal. Don't come curling up next to me when you want a nice place to sleep." He just meowed and crawed into my lap when I sat down. But thank goodness for his sake, I'm a softie. * smiles *

Goodnight my beautiful | wet and rainy world.

~ You Make Me Fall Out of Bed, dizzy in my head. And just the Thought of You makes Me smile. ~

4 comments :

Matt said...

Well sounds like you had a pretty fun day. ;) That makes me happy. :) So did I ever tell you that this summer Andy and me went to Ihop a lot?? lol
Sorry you had to go to bed hungry again, that always stinks. I never knew you liked fish sticks(of should I call them fish rounds/circles). I've always thought you had good standards, thought I told you too, but guess I didn't. Well I'm glad this 'good, always upbeat Christian' guy made you happy.

Matt said...

Btw YOU make me smile. Hope you have a superfantastical day brittany. ;););) Hope your family is doin well. :) I miss You all. ;)

Brittany said...

You & Andy went to Ihop? Oh my goodness! I LOVE that place. What did you guys eat? And yeah, I kind of like Fish Sticks | Rounds because they make me feel like a kid when I eat them. lol
And YOU did tell me I had good standards, and that means THE MOST to me because YOU think so. :)

P.S. We miss you too ;)

Matt said...

Yeah we ate chocolate pancakes and other goodness. lol I'm glad that means the most to YOU btw. ;)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift