Sunday, March 20, 2011

Humpy Dumpty Sat On A Wall.

I just walked in the door about 15 minutes ago, and as I sit here I really don't know what to say. All my well-thought out tidbits of the day are a mere jumble of words and phrases my tired mind is racing to put together. It feels like Humpty Dumpty happened in my head, just now ...

Unlike yesterday, I woke up thirty minutes earlier than I was supposed and felt terribly terrific. I was having a dream that was truly quite lovely, and a moment later Abigail was pushing against my shoulder. "You have a text message." Funny, that I'm sleeping through texts now, yes? So I grabbed my phone and sleepily asked who from. Her reply? "Your Bank." Because everybody loves getting text messages about the amount one has in savings ... yeah. Not so much. * smiles. *

Brent absolutely made my day when he had me go on headset for five hours today. Currently, that's my favorite thing. I get bored working front counter and always doing drive-thru so the change has definitely been nice!

Honestly though, me and the milkshakes just don't walk a straight line yet. If I've got two, then yeah it's all okey dokey. But if you throw five drinks | a customer who won't stop talking | and three shakes into the mix then you totally lose me. I'm still figuring all this good stuff out.

A random woman gave me a new name this afternoon, or rather a new title I guess. I thought I'd like to reach out and shake her just a little but thus, God intervened on my behalf. Apparently, it was my fault for Chick-fil-A being so busy and her having to wait in line for 11 whole minutes. Who knew?!

A short time later, a little girl walked up with her grandma. Her arm was cut off above the elbow, and wrapped in a bright pink cast with hearts and little messages scribbled every which way. I asked her what happened. She grew very serious and said, "Surgery."  I smiled down at her as I leaned across the counter, "Well I think your pink cast is pretty awesome!"

Ya'll, she gave me the biggest smile I'm sure she could muster, and turned into quite the little chatterbox after that. Her grandma told me that she's been self-concious about it and thanked me for complimenting her when I didn't have to. Her smile was worth the extra time I spent talking to her. Knowing she was happy made me feel happy inside, too.

Another little girl came in and stood at my register while her mom placed her order. She came back a few minutes later, and said "Excuse me, I like your glasses." That, of course, made me smile. I've been wearing them alot lately so I can see like a normal human being, and some random little girl liking them is pretty sweet.

I closed up tonight and had a pretty good time doing it. Michael mopped --- so I just about broke my neck 50-11 times. We made Kwon smile an awful lot tonight, which makes work all the better.

... Especially when we were $80 shy of our Saturday goal in the last 20 minutes so Jeff and I were begging | pleading | etc additional milkshakes and upsizing every imaginable thing in drive-thru. We were cracking our managers up, and high-fiving one another when we were successful. In the end we were about $45 dollars short, but hey! Not too bad for twenty minutes.
The cats are in the living room going all Jackie Chan on one another and making a racket, so I'm off to turn them in to a Chinese Diner or something and head to bed.

Goodnight, World.

PS. Just kidding about the Chinese Diner, they prefer Rats anyway. * Winks *

0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift