Sunday, March 20, 2011

When You Think You've Got It Bad

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."   Psalm 27:14


Tonight, I'm focusing on this verse because I'm basically worn out. I'm not even going to lie. This day has really been a tough one, and kind of discouraging for me.

I wake up everyday and barely get to spend 5 minutes in my Bible. I used to take that for granted, but not anymore. I miss spending more time with God. He amazes me! on a daily basis, I might add.

If it weren't for God, I would be nothing on this earth. * smiles *

So today, I chose to spend some honest to goodness time with God and find encouragement.

I also watched Letters to God ...



It made me cry. Bunches.

But my soul, it was so very good. Just when I think I've got it rough, I see a true story about a little boy who died of cancer and had the sweetest spirit about everything he struggled through.

So I am reminded that just when I think I've got it bad, I don't. God is good ALL the time. * smiles *

3 comments :

Matt said...

Do ya ever find it strange, an upsetting how hard it is to live the way the Bible tells us to?? I do, but I was reading the other day an realized that its not me having to live a certain way per say, but rather letting Jesus Christ live thru me. :) Its a lot easier to let HIM do the living than trying myself an keep making mistakes. :0 Shocker I know JK lol ;)
I have never seen that movie, but I have heard good things about it. :) Btw I like the pics!!! ;)

The Little Blue Button said...

Honestly, I really do. Just giving up MYSELF | My own dreams | ambitions | & goals and letting God live OUT in my life is so very difficult sometimes. The flesh is a hard thing to fight, but the more I read my Bible and really focus on doing what God wants, the easier it is.
But that's such a good point! Crazy how profound truly simple things can be sometimes, isn't it? :)
One day you should watch that movie, it's so very good! I really liked it, except for the sad parts. I'm glad you liked the pictures!

Matt said...

Ill def watch it sometime. :) It is super crazy how profound those truths can be. :) Have a super-fantastic day! :)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift