Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Little Bit of Rain & Randomness

Today, was a very gloomy day. But despite it being bleak and grey outside, my day was still filled with lovely randomness and such things. So I decided I would find all kinds of good things to do with my day:
  • I passed Chick-fil-A this morning and smiled. Thinking to myself, "I'm so happy not to be there today." Who doesn't love a day off with a change of scenery?

  • We got Chinese take-out with my Grandma today. There was no table while we were waiting on Momma, and thus I decided we should have a parking lot picnic. We did the whole shebang right then and there, right outside of the gym. And sitting on the pavement next to your car eating some of the world's highest calorie food outside the gym where people inside * DREAM * they could eat such stuff, is pretty much an awesome thing. * Happiness in my soul. *

See? And these people still love me. I don't know why ... I'm just here to make their life a little more lovely, I think. * winks *
  • I also cleaned my car out when I got home today. Do you know how long I've been wanting to? A very long time, ya'll. A very long time! So now, it's all cleaned up and pretty again with only the bare essentials in it. In the little compartment between my front seats I have an ever growing collection of little significant things. I was looking through them today and some made me smile ...
~ My hospital band. I don't know why I still have that one.

~ A Red Tootsie Pop from my man.
Along with a tag from my AE hoodie.


~ A flat Sea Shell Joshy gave me when we went to Myrtle Beach.

~ One single Pearl Earring. Only because they were my favorite,
and the other one fell out and was lost forever. * sniff *

~2 Empty Hot Sauce Packets from when Dorothy & I went shopping in
Gaffney. They had something funny written on them and made us laugh.

~ A black sharpie. Because I am forever writing things down and
drawing little hearts in random places. 
  • Josh climbs in my car as I'm cleaning it out and finds my emergency kit. Talking to himself, I hear him say "Hey ... there's all kinds of break-in thief stuff in here." And to me, he says "Brit! What do you do?!!" The little blonde boy makes me laugh. Bunches.
  • Still cleaning, and Sammy says "Man, people could have a sleepover in here." Without thinking, I said "They do." To which he replied, "They do? In a car?" I smile and say, "Nevermind, buddy."
  • Later, he points to the side panel of the dash board and asks what something says. I tell him FUSE. "Just fuse?" He asks. I nod my head, "Yep. Just fuse, buddy." He grinned, "So then thats where I'm gonna go if I need to hotwire your car?"
  I stop cleaning and look at the kid who looks as serious as can be standing there almost as tall as I am. "No son, you don't go there to hotwire my car." He shrugs his shoulders, "It's a free country, son."
"Boy, where do you get this stuff from?" I ask. Sammy stuck his hands in the pocket of his jeans like a little man. "The newspaper, Brit. I read about this police guy who hotwired a criminal's jeep. So I going to do it someday. And just think, I already know how."
  • Lastly, the boys begged and pleaded for me to ride bikes with them. So alas, I said yes and we three went spent a good little while doing something I thought I'd forgotten how to do ... but then I was reminded that, one never forgets how to ride a bike. * winks *

9 comments :

Matt said...

Hey nice hoodie in the last pic! ;)

Brian said...

I am sorry, but that picture of you and your grandmother kneeling on the asphalt eating Chinese food is way too funny. It cracks me up. It is just so random. I wonder what people were thinking watching you two eating on the ground like that.

Matt said...

Actually dude that's her sister an G-ma. lol

Brittany said...

Matt: Thanks! It's quite a comfy thing, ya know? ;)

Brian: You think so? Of course it's insanely random! I thrive off of stuff like that, it makes life exciting and worthwhile. I sit around on rainy days thinking of random things I'll do someday ... lol jk Oh and Matthew's right, that IS my sister.

Btw, those people probably think I'm an idiot. While I'm just sitting there having the time of my life and lovin' it! :)

Matt said...

Well let them think that. lol I know you arent ;) And besides I would totally do that with ya! ;)

Matt said...

Oh btw I'm glad its comfy! ;) I hope its not too big lol ;) not that you would mind or anything. :)

Brittany said...

Really? I'll definitely remember that. :) It was actually fun!

Brian said...

Yeah. I am sorry for mistaking you for your sister. I couldn't really tell. But I love random too. Last night at kroger, well, yesterday morning (it was 1am on Saturday), I was asked to take this ladies power wheelchair scooter shopping cart back into Kroger. It was awesome because The other two fire fighters found it hilarious that I was driving it. It moved so slowly. I loved it. It was amazing. =]

Brittany said...

lol. That's funny. Yeah, my hair's not that long but my sister and I DO look kind of similar, I suppose.

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift