Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Singing in the Rain. We're Happy Again!

Dear World.

I hope your day was absolutely awesome! Mine just unofficially ended but it was fantastic, you've no idea.

  • Since we'd been discusssing Dustin being un-gloomy in drive-thru, I complimented him when he started being all peppy. He made us girls laugh when he turned around and said, "What are you talkin' about, girl? I gotta wear this polo. I can't help being preppy with stylin' clothes like this." We're all getting stuck on this peppy business, and I've no idea why. But all of us were cracking up so hard today, and everybody was having so much fun!

  • I randomly decided that I were just a bit taller, I wouldn't forever be hitting my funny-bone against the window ledge as I'm working in drive-thru. How many times a day can one person bang their arm up without getting bruised?

  • Around 9am, we had a guy in his mid-thirties come in for breakfast. As is typical on free-breakfast Tuesdays, we get a bunch of customers that probably wouldn't come to Chick-fil-A otherwise. So this guy walks up and before I knew it, he was leaning all over my register. Seriously leaning. Kind of like old people who can't hear do, which I don't mind ... so long as you're old. Anyways, so he ended up being one of the weird ones. Not to mention that the first thing he did was pay for coffee with a hundred dollar bill, which I think we've established is rather annoying.

  • My aunt and one of my favoritest | cutest | most adorable cousins came to Chicky today which thrilled me to no end. * Happiness in my soul! *

  • This little girl crawled into her daddy's lap tonight in drive-thru. She gave him something which he passed along to me with a smile. "Here ma'am, she wanted to give you this." I took the little card from him and smiled at the fuzzy puppy dog picture on the front. It said:
Help me to remember, Lord
that nothing is going to happen today
that you and I can't handle together.

....
Along with the verse that talks about trusting the Lord, because he's our refuge and strength. It made me smile bunches. I told her I would go home and stick it in my Bible or up on my bulletin board when I got home. I haven't made it downstairs yet, so it's sitting right beside me but I'm thinking I'm going to stick it in my Bible. I thought it was so very nice of God to put that little bit of unexpected happiness and encouragement in his plans for me today. * smiles *


  • It also rained, and I thought how I'd love to go for a run. So far, that hasn't happened yet but in about ten minutes I'm going to seriously drag my lazy | unmotivated little self down stairs and remedy that.

Basically, that pretty much wraps up another day in my life and I'm pretty happy about it. So I'm off to scrounge up some energy and look forward to tomorrow. It's my unofficial day off, so I'm helping my Mom & my Grandma ... and hopefully swinging by Kohls to grab some things for the girlies. * Big Smiles *

~ Tomorrow's another day, so bring on the Rain. ~




    5 comments :

    Brian said...

    What Time did you end up getting off tonight? Brent was not happy that I called in sick, but the doctor told me that it was best. Then, like right after I left prompt care, Brent called (left a voice mail) saying that I had to bring a doctor's note with me next time I work. It is rather amusing because last time I checked, I quit two weeks ago, so the fact that I am still on the schedule is certainly odd to me. I was actually wondering if they asked you to stay late because of me.

    I am glad to hear that your day was good. I thought I heard you say that you didn't have to come in until 8am, not sure if I heard that right, but it sounds like it is good if you did. I love being in drive-thru cashier, however, after a while of leaning out the window, my hip develops a bruise. There is something about drive-thru that is so much more fun than front counter.

    Looks like tomorrow is going to be a nice day for you. Getting to sleep in is always fun -not so sure about the window shopping though. The rain is always nice, though, I like the nights that are warm. It's almost too late to sleep outside and not have to worry about the bugs attacking you.

    I'm surprised you didn't have a note for me this morning. You know I am a 'regular' (if you use one quotation mark instead of two, does that mean the same thing, just less strong?) on Tuesday mornings.

    Anyway, have a great night and a great day tomorrow. Looking forward to reading the events to come.

    Matt said...

    I hated bein in drive-thru cause id always have to bend over to fit out the window. I told my x-boss that he should make a window for tall people! lol ;)
    Actually the whole quotation mark thing is actually used inside a quote. like a quote inside a quote. in answer to your question brian.
    Britt, i hope the drive home was nice tho. ;)

    Brittany said...

    Ha! The idea of bending over to fit out the window cracks me up. I swear I'll grow three inches with all the stretching I do on a daily basis. Especially those real "nice" ones that pull 5 ft away! lol The drive home was nice, yes. :)

    Matt said...

    Haha I always hated that too, especially when it was raining! ugh lol
    I'm glad it was nice.

    Brittany said...

    When it rains, it's nice. It's strictly business then ... not even my pleasure! lol

    Post a Comment


    Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift