Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nothing Profound

  • My sister heated my coffee up in the microwave. I hadn't realized she'd brought it in until she pointed it out. I asked, "Is it hot?" She replied, "Probably not ... been sitting there for like 15 minutes!" So I grabbed it, happily discovering the cup was warm. And thus, I basically burned the taste right out of my mouth.  Good Morning, America.

  • Every now and then, my arm and shoulder hurt like the dickens. I was just wondering what I had done to it, then I remembered. Alma and I were in the walk-in yesterday, neither of us could reach the boxes on the tippy top shelf so in my little mind, it was "Shorty's gotta do, what shorty's gotta do." And it was up the shelf we went, and back down again with a box of Ice Cream mix. I just want to know who the brilliant individual was that put it way up there. It weighs 50 pounds, and today my shoulder is hating me and asking "Why the heck, super-woman?" 

  • And I love that moment when the Teas need to be refilled and they're above my head. I lug one of those big old containers out there to front counter, and eventually get it all in there looking all super-woman-ish as Billy says. He took over yesterday and said with a grin, "You gotta love this. Smiling all nice on the outside and going 'uhhh, oohhhh. My gosh, man!' on the inside." I laughed, "Yeah, Billy Billy." He cracks me up.

  • I forgot to mention that I had a pretty scrumptious cupcake yesterday, thanks to Billy's baby shower.

  • So it was a pretty nice day full of Sunshine and Cupcakes. Well not so very many cupcakes, more like a lot of sunshine. * smiles *  

  • Hugs are special, they make me feel a whole lot better. Thankful for those lovely things!  

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

I never did have a problem with the whole tea thing, or the shelves bein too high! ;) lol

"A hug is like a boomerang- you get it right back. " -Bil Keane ;)

I knew you liked coffee, but i didn't know you drank it every mornin? lol I don't drink it hardly ever! :) lol

Brian said...

The only time I ever drink coffee is when I buy 8 gallons of gas from the Exxon by my house. Then I feel obligated to get the most out of the thirty dollars it takes to fill up my car.

I always have a hard time getting the milkshake base off the shelf. The problem I have is that they are always really close together so I have to pull it out from below using my fingers. I think each box says it weighs like 40 pounds!

I think it is crazy how long it takes you to get home from work. Even when I drove to Greene to take Katelynn home, it still only took me 30 minutes. I'm glad you were not there the night that they didn't leave until 12:30. I probably would have rolled out a sleeping bag and just called it a night right there in the foyer.

It looks like this coming week is going to be another long one. they might only schedule you for 45 hours, but you already know that they are going to ask you to work more. I have noticed that that happens a lot to the employees that they really like. =]

Matt said...

Haha Dude you wrote like a whole page! lol
Brittany is great isn't she, the best! :) The reason it takes her so long to get home is cause she is a super careful driver right britt? lol ;) She doesn't mind the work tho.

Brian said...

I didn't write that much, The font size is just so big. Maybe its so she doesn't have to wear her glasses to read the comments.
She did say something like her dad knows exactly how long it takes to get home and so she can't ever go faster than the speed limit. But secretly, I am sure she wouldn't do it anyway.
Besides, I like writing and she is always saying that she doesn't get enough comments.

Matt said...

Oh my B man. :) Yeah her dad would do somethin like that. lol Well i know she don't get alot of comments, but with the amount of people that read it she not really bound to get hardly any, except for you an me apparently lol :)

Brian said...

Yeah. I am sure she doesn't write this blog for other people anyway.

Matt said...

She does, just not for a bunch of people.

Brittany said...

First off, I DO love my coffee. I'm not like an addict or anything, but it sure does wonders to get me through my day ... and Heaven help me when the lovely stuff wears off! ;)

And I DO love keeping busy, that's for sure. Especially being able to communicate with all kinds of people.

Side note --- I like the comments. Feedback is always nice, actually. A bunch of people read my blog but only comment in person which is still nice, but not as appreciated as communicating through comments ... like all those comments above mine for example. lol * cough *

So, thanks for the comments!

P.S. The first comment about YOU never having a problem with shelves cracked me up bunches! I love it, I really do. :)

Matt said...

Haha I bet it did. :) Well I'm glad you aren't an addict or anything, that would be one more thing I would have to help ya with. lol :) Not that I mind. ;)

Brittany said...

:) Oh yes, thankful I'm not either. Hah! Btw, Daylight Savings just happened like an hour ago, idk why any of us sane people are still online. lol.

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift