Friday, March 4, 2011

Nothing Profound

  • I left before six this morning and as is sometimes the case, the jeep behind me forgot they were sharing the road and had their brights on almost the whole way into town. This annoyed the sleepy girl very much, she wondered if they considered it their personal responsibility to keep her awake. Just for the record, she was thinking not.

  • No sooner had I stepped foot inside a very quiet Chick-fil-A did I realize something was wrong. There was only one person between drive-thru and front counter. Typically we have at least three, so I was a living | breathing answer to Billy's prayer ... or so he claimed. Six different people had called in this morning, which really cut down on productivity. Thus, it was a crazy mad rush from about 7am until ... well, it was a crazy mad rush just about all day come to think of it.

  • About halfways through our morning shift, Aaron and I were going back and forth picking on one another when Brent arrived and took over headset for drive-thru.Aaron said, "Oh no. The warden's here ya'll, the fun's over." This made me laugh, and Brent grinned and waved us away.

  • We had a young couple come through for breakfast, they had a little baby in the backseat looking at me through the window. I waved, and asked them if she was waving yet. They misunderstood my question, which I didn't realize until the man turned to his wife, a look of confusion on his face, and asked, "How much does she weigh, honey?" The woman's face was priceless, when she said "Ummm ... 25 pounds?" I started to laugh, and attempted to apologize for the confusion. They got a big kick out of this and then assured me she was just learning how to wave.

  • Favorite quote of the day: Aaron grabs a stack of boxes, as our manager Robin walks up. "Here! Look busy, slacker." He's a crazy nut, he'll do anything to make Robin laugh.

  • Chicky was all a buzz today. Billy's wife went into labor today and he stuck around unloading our truck until his wife decided she was ready to go. He was such a mess today, he made milkshakes for drive-thru and when I told him I had everything and he could go home, he said "Fine pal. I'm gonna put you on truck next week." I smiled and asked him, "Why's that?" He said with the straightest face possible, "Cause you're the man, pal. I mean, there's Mr. T ... and then there's Miss B. You just can't beat that combination. You know?" I laughed so hard -- there are many reasons this made me laugh!

  • From the drive-thru window, I watched a funny Sun mascot dance down the sidewalk advertising the Tanning Salon. It was kind of funny. And just curious, would it be terrible to admit a few of us were watching to see if the sun ever tripped and fell. I don't really know, but doesn't that strike you as funny?

  • An unexpected bus pretty much throws us for a loop, especially when only one person is paying for everything. You can't imagine how that looks on our screen. I made 22 lemonades back to back. It was insanity, and much noise.

  • Stopped by Walmart on the way home, and still I wonder about our little greeter. It's the weirdest thing, I used to wonder if she was blind because she never looked at me. Then I wondered if she was a little crazy, because she always talked to herself. Basically, she stared holes through the glass doors without moving around or smiling a whole lot, and all the while she's talking to herself.

  • And another thing, I would randomly like to know what it is in the Garden center that always makes me sneeze? To that I would add, that we also have an Ebony section in the card department. I ask myself, "Is that really necessary?"

  • 45 hrs of work is catching up with me suddenly. I've fallen alseep twice in the middle of this, and Abigail took it upon herself to make her sissy some coffee, which I thought incredibly sweet. One more 9 hour shift and I've got a day off. This makes me terribly happy by leaps and bounds. You've no idea. * smiles *

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I actually do know what its like to have a bus come in, but I'm sure you didn't know that I knew. ;)

Brian said...

Haha. The Warden is an amazing guy. I guess that is why he got the name of the Warden. He is always right on top of things. If I have a problem, he would be the first person to see. If I'm late, he would be the first person to see me. If I need to switch hours, he gets things done right away and I never have to worry about things not working out.
Were you there the night that we had three buses!? Lets see, high school cheer leaders, then the softball team, and then ten minutes before close, the Blue Ridge Boys Boarding School comes in. They always do that to us. I guess their group is so diverse that It takes all eight sections of the dinning room to accommodate the 20 of them. And the bus driver never forgets to ask for his free meal! An hour later, they leave, and the person assigned to cleaning dining room is stuck cleaning it again. Great times! I don't think I could ever work at CFA for 45 hours a week. I can do a 48 hours shift at the FD without a problem, but I guess the stress levels are much higher at a store that serves thousands of customers a day. But, all your work does make for a good paycheck =]

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift