Sunday, March 13, 2011

Making Bad Things Better

  •  You'd be amazed at all the wonderful things you can do when wearing glasses. After a week of customers thinking I was in a bad mood because I was squinting all the time | and not being able to read the order screen very well, I finally wore my glasses to work. My day went like 10 times smoother, thanks to being able to see! So obvious, yes?

  • Randomly, I love laughing with people. It's one of the best feelings in the whole wide world.

  • This old man came up to my register this afternoon and asked, "Do you take orders to go, little lady?" I smile "Oh, absolutely. What can I get for you?" He leans over the counter, "Well, why don't we all just go 'n have us a little picnic? You know ... folks just don't do that anymore." There was a twinkle in his old eye, and his mouth wobbled a little as he smiled. I grinned at him, "Well, I think they might miss me just a little bit." He laughed a funny sort of laugh and said, "Yep, yep. I bet they would." In case I haven't said so in a while, I love old people.

  • So I passed a stone place this afternoon and randomly wondered what they'd put on my grave stone when I die.

  • On a brighter, less morbid note --  I went to our brand new Kohls today and loved it so much. I'm not even going to lie. Tons of lovely things in there, but thus I was such a good girl and stuck to window shopping instead ... or for now, I should say. * winks *  
  • Adrienne and I were up in the freezer like a bunch of monkeys looking for a box of whipped cream that wasn't even there. It was pretty fun stuff, freezing up there on the ladder like that. * smiles *

  • I caught 11:11pm on my phone tonight. This made me smile, it's like Lucky Charms & Sunshine. But it always makes me think of one of my favoritest roomies in the whole world, Jenny-furr. Every night, she'd grab her phone to see if she'd catch it, and when she did she'd jump out of bed and said "Eleven-eleven. Let's make a wish!"

  • Some dear sweet person got behind me tonight and totally blinded me. Then I remembered that Jesus truly loves all kinds of people, even me. So instead of getting irritated, I flipped my mirror up with a smile. Now tell me, how much better is that than to get mad? I decided I'm going to try to keep finding little things like that to make bad things better. Sounds good to me!

  • And Oh My Lanta! Lord help us all come tomorrow morning when we're sitting in church fighting sleep. The sudden realization that Daylight Savings just sprung our blessed time forward an hour and a half ago, gives me a funny feeling that I'll probably be yawning my way through the morning.
Goodnight, World.


0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift