Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reckless Abandon -- Part One

So I just walked in the door, and I'm not even going to lie. Today was intense ...

  • Started off not feeling very good, so everybody kept asking "Why aren't you perky today? You're like ALWAYS perky. What's wrong with you?"

  • Somehow, the fact that it was Kid's Night completely bi-passed me. So when we started having gobs of people come in with teeny tinies, it finally clicked. The ACAC girl came up before she left and said "You're still wearing your bracelet?! That's cool."  What's cool is that she remembered ... but then again, if you had like five Chicky girls come up to your table in the middle of kids night activities and beg for braided bracelets, I suppose you'd remember them too. * winks *

  • Our boards screens have been messing up lately, so Brent called Corporate to get them to switch out our online stuff -- complicated process, I guess. So in the middle of our supper rush, my computer screen froze up. All in a row, every other register locked up along with mine. McKenzie and I called for Brent, who came from the drive-thru register looking kind of exasperated. He's a big fan of these technological problems that toally throw business. But he's good at jumping right into a problem and fixing it, so we wrote down orders for the next half hour and promo-ed them out.

  • One guy pulled out his wallet, I explained to him that it was free and he smacked the counter in surprise and said, "Get outa here, girl! You dead serious?" I told him I was and he seriously whooped in the middle of Chicky like he'd won the lottery.

     ... and I thought to myself  "Good gosh, man. It's just Chicken." But then I had to laugh, because he had three friends just like him. They showed mutual gratitude. * smiles *

  • The Ice Cream machine froze up after getting the registers all squared away and I thought, "Seriously? Will we make it through this night?"

  • "Oh my gosh! That signs coming down tomorrow, this makes the girl happy." I said, pointing to the Free Breakfast Tuesdays sign sticking up in our rock | flower bed as we finished the trash. Michael stopped, casting one long enormous -- yet funny and strange -- shadow across the white pavement. "Huh? You're not makin' any sense, sweetheart."
    I picked my way back across the drive, heading back inside where it was warm. "It's the last week of March! No more free breakfast, and don't call me sweetheart."

Tomorrow, I'm off entirely and pretty much in love with this fact. It means I get to sleep in, and get things done like a care-free human being. And hopefully feel better too! That excites me. Yay!

0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift