Friday, March 4, 2011

Teach Me, O God.

"But Godliness with contentment, is great gain."
1 Timothy 6:6

Have you ever stopped to consider that the trials you are going through is the way that God has chosen to grow YOU specifically? We can look at everyone else with discontentment, thinking they've got it so incredibly easy, but God didn't choose that way for you. ♥

I am so guilty of looking at everyone else's life and thinking Why can they do that, and not me? or Wow, they've got it so good, God. Why did you have to make mine so difficult?

But lately, God has been convicting me of my unthankful attitude for all the good things He's given me in my own life. God knows what is best, if only because He know's the end. But He also loves us and has a wealth of blessings in store for us.

For me, complaining is as easy as breathing. I can be negative about so many things in my life that I think are unfair. But for me to do that, is basically telling God I think he messed up. Who am I to tell God he doesn't know what he's doing??

This past week, I've had a handful of things come up and they really discouraged me. I told God I would open my heart to whatever He was going to do through these circumstances and struggles, and have a positive, Godly attitude. I can't tell you how much happier I've been just focusing on God and growing.

I shared that with one of my coworkers this week, and as good as it is ... I believe it's a place you have to reach on your own without anyone pushing or shoving you to that point. But the best part of it is ~ Our lives can be so much more, when we simply leave it in His hands. ♥




2 comments :

Brian said...

Well, this one really speaks to me. I know you know how I feel, but I never seem to really know what is going on in your mind. In church, Our pastor played a song for us that was posted on facebook wall by a friend after his wife passed away. Josh Wilson says it all in his song "Before the Morning" just like you talk about tonight. I really appreciate you helping me through my hardships. I really hope I can repay the favor someday =]

Brittany said...

I'm glad. Just remember, God is good all the time though we really can't always see it! :)

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift