Friday, March 11, 2011

It's Raining, It's Pouring.

Well, I'm almost disappointed in myself for not blogging last night. It ended up being a longer day than I'd expected, so by the time I got home all I wanted to do was sleep. I woke up twice thinking to myself, "I should blog. But I'm SO tired. I'll get up in a minute ..." But alas, the minute to blog never came. I slept like a rock, which brings me to Yesterday's Nothing Profound.

  • This entirely gay guy walks up, with these two girls with hair dyed shades of Pink & Purple. You know that feeling you get that's a cross between "Oh-my-gosh! That's gross."  and "Seriously? Do you have any idea how much you're cracking my insides up, It?" He orders a plain biscuit and asks me if we've got grape jelly. So after the whole grape jelly ordeal is over, he sashays back over to the counter and says "Doll, could I trouble you for some water?" I'm really gagging on the inside, but smiling ever so pleasantly on the outside. I ask him if he wants a lemon -- just like every other customer -- and he grins and does that flippy wrist thing. "Girl, you're nice. I like you, Brittany."  Where's my fork, knife & spoon, people?! * Gagging. *
~ I reminded myself Jesus loves all people ... so yeah, it's ever a work in progress.
  • Then as I'm working drive-thru, I turn around and run smack dab into all 6 foot, 4 inches of Brent-liness. I'm talking like didn't see him there | full force kind of deal. I've yet to determine who suffered the most from our little collision but he had a good laugh over it. Especially when I said, "Oh my gosh, I didn't even see you there!"

  • You would be amazed at how mean some people can be! So this woman had her six year old little boy with her, and this college guy walks up to my register obviously not realizing the woman was in line. The woman jerks his coat sleeve and says, "Hey hey, Buddy! Don't be butting in line, who do you think you are?! I was here before you, are you blind?" He's quick to apologize and step out of her way as she makes a beeline for my register.
          My register! O_o

  • After watching the little ordeal, I was really ticked off at the woman. She comes up smiling like nothing happened, and asks me about my day etc. I wanted to knock her head off, which isn't really polite to do either all things considered ... but she was such a snot to that poor guy. Needless to say, I got the job done and that's about all. She came for food and that's what she got; not a whole lot of small talk and smiles. Maybe one day I'll feel bad, I don't know. ??
P.S. So I've suddenly decided, God keeps giving me some unlovely customers so I can learn to be more loving. Thank you, God. * smiles *

  • Jeff and I worked drive-thru and let me tell you, it was probably the most fun I've had in drive-thru in a while. It was crazy and random for one. Secondly, it was raining cats and dogs outside so every time I opened the window, Rain would just come pouring in. We ended up with a puddle inside, and I basically got soaken wet but it was a blast. I'm not even going to lie - I loved it. And just before I decided I loved the rain and getting all wet, Jeff turned around and said, "You're gonna want to confirm that order. I couldn't hear very well." And I thought to myself "Jeff, are you even kidding me?!" So we took wet money | shoved bags into open car windows and kept things short and sweet. It was the best part of my whole entire day ... minus, coming home and sleeping forever that is. * wink *
Thus, my day ended with a bang. It was simply terrific!

0 comments :

Post a Comment


Every Moment We Have Is A Precious Gift